Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book (Kindle) - The First Drop of Rain

The First Drop of Rain, by Leslie Parrott, is free courtesy of Christian publisher Zondervan.

Book Description
Rain evokes for me all the mysteries of God's presence (and seeming absences) on the landscape of my life. Through personal stories, honest reflection, and original poetry written straight from her heart, Leslie Parrott shares her struggle to remain open to God's revelations even (or especially) during the demands and chaos of life.

Have you ever felt plucked out and suddenly dropped by the hand of God into the wasteland? Have you felt desolate, dry, and fragile? No sign of God, no sound of water?' Here is the personal and passionate, 'Me too!' that fans of Leslie Parrott have been waiting for. For 'Seattlite' Parrott, rain isn't a date-canceling, mood-altering nuisance. Rather, that first drop of rain and the following drizzle or downpour is a persistent, positive, mystical fact of life that both confirms the presence of God and underscores his (seeming) absences. Through original poetry, vividly-drawn vignettes, and honest reflection, Parrott mixes images of rain and 'wasteland' to explore the daily juxtaposition of deluge and desert we all encounter. A conversation about grief and death takes place in lush gardens teeming with life. A prayer, delivered and answered at a dying friend's bedside, leads to bittersweet understanding. And personal confidences ('My flaws and fears are so real, they demand my full attention.') strike a chord in all of us who struggle earnestly, if sometimes defiantly, to see God's purpose in everything.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote