Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
shirleyellenp
shirleyellenp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Trouble with Reader app for PC

Is anyone else having trouble with the new Reader for PC program? I am having an awful time with it. It takes forever to sync and after that getting the books onto my 600 reader is iffy. Any suggestions?
shirleyellenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You are not alone in your frustration. The 600 still works with the old version of the Reader software. I would use that instead of the new software. The new version has too many issues.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
shirleyellenp
shirleyellenp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
Thanks for that and I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I have no idea how to get the old version of the soft ware back again. Where would I find it to download again?
shirleyellenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
It is on the Support pages of the Sony website. Go to sonystyle.com and click on Support and then Online Product Support. Click on Drivers and Software. Enter PRS-600BC for the model. Select your operating system and then expand the list. You'll see both the old and new versions of the software available to download.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
1) I use the Sony Reader software ONLY for buying books from the Sony store. It works well for that.

2) I use calibre to organize my books and load them on my Sony Readers.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert