Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
dollum
dollum began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks
Content Server / iBooks question

I had things working beautifully so that when I accessed the content server, using whatever device, I could download right into iBooks. Suddenly (maybe 'cuz of the upgrade?) the only choice is to download to Dropbox. Why?

I'm new to Dropbox and will explore all those threads and that route later but am interested to know if there is some tweak I've missed so I can continue with iBooks for now.

Thanks!
dollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not sure I understand the issue at all as Dopbox should have nothing to do with the Content server! At what point are you being offered the option to download to Dropbox? Perhaps a screenshot might help?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm using the latest release (0.8.63) and the content server is working for me with iBooks.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
dollum

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've not had a problem with Calibre's content server before. I just upgraded to the latest version and things are back to normal when connecting to my library using iPad. However, when I access my library using the iPhone, instead of the usual "Open in ... / Open in iBooks" buttons there is only "Open in Dropbox". I took a screenshot and will try to figure out how to send it.

Last edited by dollum; 08-10-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
dollum

Hope I did this right.

Last edited by GRiker; 08-11-2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Fixed [IMG] tag
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You selected a MOBI file, not an EPUB. iBooks only opens EPUB and PDF.

If the book you want to read on your iPhone only exists in MOBI, you need to convert it to EPUB first.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote