Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Ohbjuan
Ohbjuan began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Some cover thumbs not showing in NookColor and some do

Some of the book cover thumbs from books transferred from my Calibre library show on my NookColor, and some don't. The covers do show in Calibre but not on the device, and some do show in both. Any idea how I can fix that?

Thanks
Ohbjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to wait for B&N to fix their firmware.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbjuan View Post
Some of the book cover thumbs from books transferred from my Calibre library show on my NookColor, and some don't. The covers do show in Calibre but not on the device, and some do show in both. Any idea how I can fix that?

Thanks
I have had some what success by dragging the ePub directly from the Calibre library, where ever it is on your hard drive, to the My Data folder on the Nook Color which will show as a usb drive. Only 2 out of 50 didn't show, you have to make sure that the cover is the first page in the actual ePub.

I can't promise but You can try it..

Let me know if you have success.
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
Ohbjuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie-Me View Post
I have had some what success by dragging the ePub directly from the Calibre library, where ever it is on your hard drive, to the My Data folder on the Nook Color which will show as a usb drive. Only 2 out of 50 didn't show, you have to make sure that the cover is the first page in the actual ePub.

I can't promise but You can try it..

Let me know if you have success.
Thanks I will give that a try. Did have success on one using some tips in the Nook section here, but not on the other.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
juicymixx
juicymixx began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Lightbulb

I have this same problem... Did any solution work for you? I'm new to Calibre, and I added four books to the software on my desktop, fixed their metadata, then transferred them to the Nook Color. Of the four, only one had it's cover image show up. Thinking that I had made a mistake, I redownloaded all the covers for the epub books, re-"converted" them, deleted the original four off my nook color, and re-transferred the epub books to my nook color. This time, a different one showed it's cover, and the others showed the generic cover. I started to think it may be a nook problem, then I came across this forum post...
juicymixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Apparently it is a Nook problem - therefore the correct solution is updated firmware from B&N. I believe that B&N have acknowledged there is a problem they intend to fix.

In the meantime various users have proposed work-arounds - with varying amount of success.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Ohbjuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicymixx View Post
I have this same problem... Did any solution work for you? I'm new to Calibre, and I added four books to the software on my desktop, fixed their metadata, then transferred them to the Nook Color. Of the four, only one had it's cover image show up. Thinking that I had made a mistake, I redownloaded all the covers for the epub books, re-"converted" them, deleted the original four off my nook color, and re-transferred the epub books to my nook color. This time, a different one showed it's cover, and the others showed the generic cover. I started to think it may be a nook problem, then I came across this forum post...
What has worked for me every time is to convert the epub to a mobi, then delete the current epub. Then I manually add a cover from a download from the web. I then convert back to epub and load onto my Nookcolor. The covers have shown every time when I do this. Sometimes after doing this a large number of covers are missing when I open the Nookcolor, but a reboot makes them all come back. I have also just manually added a cover to a current epub and loaded it onto the Nook with about 99% success.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Ohbjuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have to wait for B&N to fix their firmware.
thanks for making Calibre such fantastic software. I donated by the way because I use it all the time. I hope everyone does the same. I may even donate a second time because now that I have my Nookcolor I am using it even more than I was when my books were on my iPhone.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote