Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #586
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
For very young children, I found the best rule was to sleep when they slept!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:45 AM   #587
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
In spite of having had next to no reading time the last two weeks, I'm still on track with my main challenge: at 65 books read, that's just over half of my 120 book goal.

I also managed to keep my buying (of new ebooks for myself) down to 9 in June, which is nicely within my goal of "no more than 10 ebooks a month".

I'm also on track with all of my reading sub-challenges, but now that I will soon have some reading time again, I'll have to make sure to keep up with those again.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #588
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
June: tough month for reading! Too much work, playoffs, nice weather, beer drinking on the porch, baseball on the radio. . . So, I fell behind, but I'm still on track and should exceed my goal of 75 books this year.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #589
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I'm on track, but only just. I have been on a short holiday visiting family, and didn't get much reading time, so I hope to catch up a bit of time now I'm home again.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #590
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Added a bunch of books that I had read on my T1 and in paper format. I still have to post the ones that I read on my Nook. I've been doing a lot of re-reads, some due to the fact that favorite authors have issued new books and I like to re-read the series to refamiliarize myself, and also, I think, because it's rather a stressful time for me right now and favorite series are like comfort food - minus the calories.

So, I'm still on target for my goal.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #591
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
For very young children, I found the best rule was to sleep when they slept!
Being the pop of a young child you are correct, the best thing to do is to sleep when your children are asleep.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #592
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Now that I'm done with Dresden Files, I'm reading some shorter books so that I can catch up with my reading challenge. GR says I'm still 3 books behind. So, I'm trying to stick with some audios under 9 hours. Once I catch up there, I can work on my magazines, which have been hopelessly ignored since February.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #593
CharredScribe
Addict
CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Aura ONE
Still on track, and about to give my sub-goal (15 books of African fiction) a big boost, since I decided to read (and re-read) the wonderful books of Nadine Gordimer, who passed away yesterday.
CharredScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #594
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I'm on track, but only just. I have been on a short holiday visiting family, and didn't get much reading time, so I hope to catch up a bit of time now I'm home again.
Good luck! I had something come up this month that's really cut into my reading, and here right at the beginning of my challenge.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #595
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I'm still catching up. My projected number of pages at year's end (using my own counting method), when reading at the average speed of this year is now 11.050.

January 15: 17.568 pages, Success
January 26: 14.993 pages, Success
Febuary 02: 14.933 pages, Success
Febuary 09: 15.622 pages, Success
Febuary 17: 15.695 pages, Success
March 13: 10.782 pages, Fail
May 25: 8.002 pages, Fail
June 8: 8.700 pages, Fail
June 14: 9.112 pages, Fail
June 19: 9.677 pages, Fail
June 27: 10.049 pages, Fail
July 04: 10.375 pages, Fail
July 10: 10.690 pages, Fail
July 16: 11.050 pages, Fail

I caught up roughly 3,000 pages in my project, in about 52 days, starting from May 25th, thanks to the Belgariad and Malloreon series, which I read back to back. I'm actually a bit sad that they're done, but I still have the companion books to go

If I keep going at this rate, I'll be back on track around September 6 or so

Unbelievable. 3,5 months of hard reading to catch up 6 weeks of slacking due to busy days....

Last edited by Katsunami; 07-16-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #596
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Updated my list with my books from the Nook and I'm now at 73/100, so I'm ahead of my game right now.

Stress = more books series books re-read, LOL.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #597
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
I finished book #93 last night -- The Martian by Andy Weir. I'm so glad I saw the recommendations for this book here on MobileRead. I'm almost one month ahead of schedule to meet my goal of 150 books this year.

Now reading Heavenly Pleasures, a cozy mystery by Kerry Greenwood. This is an eBook borrowed from my library through their subscription to Freading.com.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #598
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm behind, but I'm reading again so I should catch up fairly easily.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #599
CharredScribe
Addict
CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Aura ONE
Oh dear, my reading has plummeted. This month so far, I have read only 2 (two!) books

Work has really ramped up this month, and it will continue through until the end of August. And since so much of my work is about reading, the last thing I feel like doing in the evenings and on the weekends is reading.

Hopefully, my reading-for-pleasure will pick up a little in September so that I can still make my target (not that it is about the number itself, but the number shows me how little I am reading which makes me sad )
CharredScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #600
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm ahead, but quickly falling behind as I haven't read anything in a few weeks now.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote