Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
linconu
linconu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Exclamation Landscape mode for cbz/cbr (bug)

Hello,

I recently bought a Kobo Glo and I'm quite happy with it. One of the features that drove my choice was the native support of .cbr and .cbz files, as I read comics from time to time in addition to regular books.

I find landscape mode more confortable for comics when there is a lot of text, however it doesn't seem to work properly. When switching to landscape, the document is zoomed in to fit page width. The problem is that the view is stuck to the bottom of the page and there is no way to drag it up or down. The only way to get around the document is to zoom in, which allows the user to drag the view. The process however reduces the field of view and the full width of the page can't be seen anymore.

This is quite annoying, and quite damages the reading experience on cbr/cbz. Has anybody else encountered this bug or is my reader defective ? I'd be grateful if anyone had a a fix or
- a way to get around the document in "full width" landscape mode
- a way to zoom out more than "full width" in landscape, as some vignettes are too big and don't fit in the screen.

in advance,
linconu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr, cbz, glo, landscape, zoom