Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2015, 08:39 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
I'm no programmer and have nearly no knowledge about python. Luckily I have a basic understanding of programming and was able to understand where to enter what code (copy pasted and modified) . But I'm not 100% sure my regex captures all cases. Maybe I post in the plugin forum somewhen the next days if enough people find this useful. But someone who has a thorough understanding of regex and python should look over my added code.
I'd suggest a post in the Modify ePub thread. The developer is happy to take suggestions and changes if they are something that fits with the aim of the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'd suggest a post in the Modify ePub thread. The developer is happy to take suggestions and changes if they are something that fits with the aim of the plugin.
I suggest fixing the font-family flaw/bug before submitting the changes. It is a bug if you leave embedded fonts and just take out the font-family lines.

There is already a feature to remove embedded fonts. So if the font-family removal is fixed to just remove font-family lines that do not have an embedded font, that would work. But you do have to check for font-families for fonts that are not quite embedded but are accessed in the CSS that are outside the ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-14-2015 at 11:20 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest fixing the font-family flaw/bug before submitting the changes. It is a bug if you leave embedded fonts and just take out the font-family lines.

There is already a feature to remove embedded fonts. So if the font-family removal is fixed to just remove font-family lines that do not have an embedded font, that would work. But you do have to check for font-families for fonts that are not quite embedded but are accessed in the CSS that are outside the ePub.
And that is a reason to discuss potential changes to the plugin in its thread. If ther are issues with the change, then that is the place to discuss them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 AM   #19
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
First, this was a hack for myself. Second removing the font-families is intended to be used together with remove fonts. This was because having font-families prevents kobos reader to change fonts. And even if you don't remove fonts in addition,, that is not a bug,, as the code still does what is said. You only have a slightly larger epub with fonts in it which aren't used. Maybe someone even wants this for reasons I can't imagine
I will look at it today or tomorrow, since I think I have to modify the regex slightly to catch all cases.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #20
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
I looked through the file again and changed the regex to capture hopefully all cases. I also posted it on the Modify Epub plugin thread.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modify ePub.zip (66.9 KB, 155 views)
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@dickloraine: I'd suggest only posting your modified version in one place (ideally the calibre plugin thread) and just including a link in your post here to that version.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #22
Brazen_NL
Slobbering Dog
Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2/iPad/iPhone
Or, in the signature?
Brazen_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #23
RonBurgandy
RonBurgandy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Could someone post the link to the modify epub thread? I couldn't find it. Will this do the things I did in Calibre - getting line spacing and margins to work?
RonBurgandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
[GUI Plugin] Modify ePub
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, kobo, line, margins, spacing