Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Slash5
Slash5 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Sony PRS-505
Jetbook works well on Google Maps

I couldn't be bothered starting up the network printer while getting directions from Google Maps. I printed the maps and direction to a PDF using CutePDF and downloaded them to my Jetbook using Calibre.
It worked great. When zoomed in at about 400%, the map looked just like it did on the computer and I could pan around it using the arrow keys.

I tried the same thing on my Sony 505 and it was unworkable. I had to use the paging keys to move around the map but it seemed to move randomly around the map.
Slash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
That's great! Although... to me it seems to be technology overkill.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
I couldn't be bothered starting up the network printer while getting directions from Google Maps. I printed the maps and direction to a PDF using CutePDF and downloaded them to my Jetbook using Calibre.
It worked great. When zoomed in at about 400%, the map looked just like it did on the computer and I could pan around it using the arrow keys.

I tried the same thing on my Sony 505 and it was unworkable. I had to use the paging keys to move around the map but it seemed to move randomly around the map.
Nice idea! Can you submit the sample of this PDF file so I can check it on my jetBook?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Now to me, thats thinking!

I hadn't even thought of something like that. For a longer roadtrip you could have closeups of each of the major towns your going through. Giving you a much better idea of which lane to be in, offramp's with easy access to fuel, food etc.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Slash5
Slash5 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Nice idea! Can you submit the sample of this PDF file so I can check it on my jetBook?
Try these.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TestGoogleMaps_1 - Google Maps.pdf (259.6 KB, 388 views)
File Type: pdf TestGoogleMaps2 - Google Maps.pdf (170.3 KB, 342 views)
Slash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
Try these.
Thanks! It looks really nice on jetBook screen with 400% size.
I have Navigon GPS but when I have a long trip I prefer to print Google directions. I usually print manydetailed pages with different views... so I will keep all these pages on my jetBook now
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote