Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
zrski
innovate or die
zrski began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 9500, Qtek 9090,etc
PHONifier open-source proxy for mobile devices

Hi all, we've just launched PHONifier which is yet another IYHY/Skweezer alternative. It's a mobile surfing proxy that strips webpages of unnecessary code. Best of all, we've released it as an open source project under a creative commons licence.

I'd love to hear what you think.
zrski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thnx for releasing the source, zrski. I think I am going to install it on my server for my personal use, since IYHY has been sometimes slow for me.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I can't wait to try it out tonight. There is one blog (textually.org) I simply can't access through my PSP - phonifier sure changed its appearance on the PC, but what about the PSP? I tried out some websites that use frames and like how you can pick between the different frames! Thanks!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
zrski
innovate or die
zrski began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 9500, Qtek 9090,etc
Cool, could you please let me know how you fare?
zrski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
zrski, thank you for making this tool open-source. Skweezer or iyhy are always sooo slow, but with phonifier on my own server I can actually surf the Web quiet speedy.

One site didn't work for me:
http://www.phonifier.com/phonify.php...w.heise.de&i=1

Gives me a 404 in the lower part?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert