Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Talung
Talung began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Adding Books duplicates ID's

Hi There,

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? At first I thought it was the sync between linux and windows causing the issue, but it is now happening while using linux exclusively.

The issue is that it is duplicating the calibre ID's.

Eg.
/media/backup/eBooks/calibre/Margaret Weis/Love and War (1626)
/media/backup/eBooks/calibre/John Norman/Tarnsman of Gor (1626)

I deleted the Tarnman book, and then added a new book and this is what happening.

To find these duplicates I use this:
Code:
find /media/backup/eBooks/calibre/ -iname "*(*)" | awk '{print $NF}' | sort | uniq -d
Followed by this:
Code:
find /media/backup/eBooks/calibre/ -iname "*(1626)" -exec rm -R '{}' ';'
This seems to be happening quite a lot lately. When it does, all formats disappear from the book, and there is just the metadata remaining. Since re-adding the formats does not work, I then delete the book and readd it. It then conflicts with another book.

Anybody have any idea what is going on?
Talung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is most likely a legacy effect from your windows->linux syncing days. I suggest the following:

upgrade to latest release
select all books, click save to disk
then remove (delete/rename) your library folder and restart calibre
Use the add to library recursively on the folder you previously saved to
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Talung

Thanks,

I was trying to avoid that as I have all the ISBN's and cover images, authors, series etc. all filled in already.

Currently coverting everything to epub, once that is done I will try the import of just epubs on a new database.

Is there any tool to check the metadata.db for errors or other such stuff?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The procedure I described will preserve your metadata/covers etc (with the latest calibre).

No there isn't sucha tool at the moment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Talung

Thanks Kovid,

I will give it a try that way.
Advert