Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #151
Nova5
Enthusiast
Nova5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Nook str GL. My Sony was broken by a dingleberry who sat on it.. but refused to pony up the dough to replace it. So I had to buy a replacement. Timing was perfect as the str GL was just about to launch.
Nova5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #152
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus Tablet
Nexus 7, Ipad, Galaxy Note 2
TCSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #153
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and Galaxy S4 both with Mantano Reader. Still use Nook 3G when needed.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #154
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, One Plus 5
Kobo Glo. The best thing that happened to me in a long time. I've read so much in it that I could say it changed my life for the best. Since September I've read 54 books (and counting) and thanks to all the new knowledge (I read a lot non fiction books) that I have successfully improved my mindset and became a smarter and interesting person.

So thanks Kobo Glo
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #155
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Rotating between Kobo Aura HD, Kindle PW2, and Sony T1.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #156
GypsyJon
Enthusiast
GypsyJon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Pro 902
I am still using my PocketBook Pro 902 after, what? Five years! Works great, battery lasts forever!!
GypsyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #157
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Sony T1 and Nook STG.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #158
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Currently using the basic Kindle and the Kindle Fire HDX in tandem with one another. Love it.

(I use the basic Kindle for the majority of the reading and the Fire HDX for quick reading. I have an astigmatism so the e-ink tends to be easier for my eyes)
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #159
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Mainly a Nexus 7, but also a Kobo Touch for outdoors.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #160
Rps
Grammar and Grandpa!
Rps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one handRps can read with one hand

Device: Kobo Aura HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Kobo Aura HD. Love, love, love it.
Hello, a question for you if I may. I am a newbie here and a Canadian. I am interested in buying an e reader and the world seems to come down to Kobo or Kindle.

Being from Canada I am leaning towards the Kobo Aura, but have heard that there are build quality issues and that most Kobos only last about 18 months.

Kobo appears more readily open than Kindle, but Kindle appears to be pretty much the global standard .... I was thinking of the PW2. My problem is I can not get a definitive answer on which is the better investment. I know Amazon has an extensive library and may even have the potential for the Lending Library in Canada .... But the Kindle is not as open as the Kobo.

That said, with all the talk about Kindle, how long will Kobo be around .... So I am stuck. Any help will be appreciated ...
Rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #161
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rps View Post
Kobo appears more readily open than Kindle, but Kindle appears to be pretty much the global standard .... I was thinking of the PW2. My problem is I can not get a definitive answer on which is the better investment. I know Amazon has an extensive library and may even have the potential for the Lending Library in Canada .... But the Kindle is not as open as the Kobo.

That said, with all the talk about Kindle, how long will Kobo be around .... So I am stuck. Any help will be appreciated ...
Amazon have the best bookstore and the best customer service in the business.

With a Kobo, you can borrow books from the library, which you can't do with the Kindle.

If library lending is essential for you, I'd suggest the Kobo. Otherwise, the Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #162
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
And you can also find discount codes for Kobo here at Mobileread
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #163
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I've got a Sony PRS-T2 for backup that I want to keep forever, and a Kindle Paperwhite that is okay but kind of heavy and a PITA for collections, but I've been reading mostly on my Kobo Aura and my Ipad Mini Retina, using Marvin.

I tend to switch back and forth between the Mini and the Kobo depending on how tired my eyes are. I'm a bit more partial to the Mini because I can have my whole library on it, and that makes me happy. No matter how far ahead I plan to read something, I usually end up wanting the one I didn't put on the dedicated reader. I'm sort of Random that way, once I finish a series. No matter what I have picked out, I've changed my mind by then.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #164
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I'm a bit more partial to the Mini because I can have my whole library on it, and that makes me happy. No matter how far ahead I plan to read something, I usually end up wanting the one I didn't put on the dedicated reader. I'm sort of Random that way, once I finish a series. No matter what I have picked out, I've changed my mind by then.
Since I'm never more than 1/4 mile from my laptop (soon to be a compact netbook), I carry my entire library on a thumb drive. I have Calibre portable on the thumb drive so I can use it in any Windows system.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #165
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Mostly using the Kobo Aura currently. E-ink still gives me the best reading experience, and the Aura is well designed and meets all my needs (I particularly like how low the frontlight can be set, compared to my other readers).

I read on the Nexus 7 (2013) for some time, trying to see if I could manage with a device less. While it's do-able and works better than any other LCD screen, it's nowhere near as comfortable as e-ink. So Nexus 7 works, but the Aura is a better choice for me.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader