Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
atmex
atmex began at the beginning.

Device: none
can i sync bookmarks from Stanza in Calibre?

Hey guys, i'm a newby in this ebooks world, i have an iphone and i've been reading about the best ways to read on it. I found 2 things, Stanza for iphone and Calibre for my PC. I have already send some books from Calibre to Stanza, but what i really want to know is if i can sync my bookmarks, i've been reading a little bit on my iphone, but when i get home i'd like to continue reading on my PC. Any ways to do this?
Thanks a lot in advance for your replies!
atmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
No you cannot do that. You can only sync bookmarks if the reading app supports it directly. Examples on iOS of apps that do this are iBooks and the Kindle reader.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
atmex

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
No you cannot do that. You can only sync bookmarks if the reading app supports it directly. Examples on iOS of apps that do this are iBooks and the Kindle reader.
thanks itimpi, so if i use Calibre with iBooks my bookmarks will sync? which means i could read the same book in my pc and my iphone without having to go back and see where i was?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmex View Post
thanks itimpi, so if i use Calibre with iBooks my bookmarks will sync? which means i could read the same book in my pc and my iphone without having to go back and see where i was?
If you use iBooks you can sync without Calibre getting involved (it happens via iCloud). it is actually an option you can configure for iBooks under Settings. It is nice as you switch devices to see iBooks following the page you are currently reading.

Calibre can be integrated to iTunes for loading/deleting books in iBooks. You might want to read the Sticky on integrating iDevices with the Calibre.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
atmex

so there's an iBook app for desktop too? sorry if it seams a dumb question, but like i said, i'm new with this.
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmex View Post
so there's an iBook app for desktop too? sorry if it seams a dumb question, but like i said, i'm new with this.
Oops - no.

For some reason I was thinking I thought you said iPhone and iPad.

You might want to think of using the Kindle app then. This has both iPad and Desktop versions. As long as they are both associated with the same Amazon account you shoud be able to sync between them (and a physical Kindle if you happen to have one).
Old 06-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
atmex

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Oops - no.

For some reason I was thinking I thought you said iPhone and iPad.

You might want to think of using the Kindle app then. This has both iPad and Desktop versions. As long as they are both associated with the same Amazon account you shoud be able to sync between them (and a physical Kindle if you happen to have one).
ok. i'll try to do that, i was very comfortable with stanza and calibre, but if they can't be sync then i have to check that option.
thanks

Tags
bookmarks, calibre, stanza, sync