Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
A Handy, Allegedly Eco-Friendly Kindle / eBook Stand....

Just thought I'd share this with y'all; I picked up one of these for $5:

http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10019502

The smaller stand fits the Kindle 2 -- it's a little tight but it works....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0459.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	27002   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0458.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	27003   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0457.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	396.1 KB
ID:	27004  
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post

http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10019502

The smaller stand fits the Kindle 2 -- it's a little tight but it works....
Sure, those are usually called "plate stands." You can find them all over the place.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Good idea, take the plate off the stand, put Kindle on it. Then put pizza on the plate and read Kindle
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
What a good idea! I hadn't thought of using those type of stands - off to the shops to find one for my CyBook later.

Welcome to MobileRead; thanks for posting.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
girlzilla
Lizard in a Tutu
girlzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, MSI Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Good idea, take the plate off the stand, put Kindle on it. Then put pizza on the plate and read Kindle

But then how do you click Next Page with those greasy pizza fingers?

Fork and knife. Fork and knife!
girlzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlzilla View Post

Fork and knife. Fork and knife!
I just bend my finger and press it with my knuckle.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Next time you all are in WalMart or Target, look in the picture aisle, for plate stands.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
OK ok, I'm an idiot. For some reason I'm not finding plate stands anywhere.

At any rate, I happened to have some silicon "gripper pads" kicking around, and added them where the Kindle rests; that holds it in place a little better.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK ok, I'm an idiot. For some reason I'm not finding plate stands anywhere.

At any rate, I happened to have some silicon "gripper pads" kicking around, and added them where the Kindle rests; that holds it in place a little better.
Oh, I know! Next time you are in a Hallmark store, ask the clerk where they keep them. There are many different kinds.......Great for decorative plates, small pictures, e-book readers,.............
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
girlzilla
Lizard in a Tutu
girlzilla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, MSI Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
are many different kinds.......Great for decorative plates, small pictures, e-book readers,.............
I have one for cookbooks too, the kind where you put it behind two plastic sides so that the cookbook stays wide open and it's semi-protected from splattering food. It wouldn't work with a Kindle though, since there'd be a barrier in front of it, but for cookbooks it's the best thing.
girlzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Quote:
OK ok, I'm an idiot.
No way! You found a new use for a common object - that's pretty smart in my book!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeswoman View Post
No way! You found a new use for a common object - that's pretty smart in my book!
Is THAT what she was talking about when she said she was an idiot?

I thought it was a brilliant idea!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oh, I know! Next time you are in a Hallmark store, ask the clerk where they keep them. There are many different kinds.......Great for decorative plates, small pictures, e-book readers,.............
Old pieces of pizza...
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:

Auto page turns on K1, use TTS with sound off on K2.

For others, you'll have to invest in a napkin.

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
I have one for cookbooks too, the kind where you put it behind two plastic sides so that the cookbook stays wide open and it's semi-protected from splattering food. It wouldn't work with a Kindle though, since there'd be a barrier in front of it, but for cookbooks it's the best thing.
It does work quite well when you're using your Kindle as a cookbook as I do. Keeps it safe from spills and splatters.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote