Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Question M92 - location of sketch files

Does anybody know where are placed files for sketches (from Sketch/Scrible Application)? (I do not mean sketch files from pdf).

I played with background files and something went wrong and one of the sketch files became empty. I have there almost 30 pages of notes and I need them today.

I might have a copy of the file (From the process of exporting to bitmap). So, maybe the data is not lost, if I manage to copy it back to right folder.

The question is where to copy it....

It is a paradox, that I suggested to do notes in blank pdf file (to have full control over the files) and the only notes I did are in Scrible app...

Last edited by Mono; 03-26-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
afaik, all sketch files are stored in subdir of the /root directory and additionally listed in a sqlite-db in the root dir. Will have a look at the details later
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Thanks. And do you know where is the "root" folder that is normally accessible from PC (where aditional fonts, dictionaries, books, mp3, .... are placed by user)?

I need to copy scrible file from that "root" to root\notes, where scrible files are placed.

Sorry, I have no knowledge of Linux.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #4
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

So, this is it:
  • The *.sketch files are stored in /root/notes
  • Additionaly the filenames and thumbnails are stored inside the sqlite database in /root/content.db in the table "notes"
  • For a new sketch file to show up you need to copy it to the /root/notes directory _and_ make a new line inside the content.db
  • Removing a *.sketch file from /root/notes will not remove it from the scribble app. At least the thumbnail will remain there and when selected, the scribble app acts like when creating a new scribble

The "internal storage" is /media/flash. Did you setup a serial or ssh connection to your M92? Otherwise I could write a small bash script for you that copies the sketch file to the appropriate directory. But we still have to think of a way to edit the sqlite database.

Last edited by tuxor; 03-26-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
Mono
Mono

Great! And what folder is the "root" from where I would copy the file to /root/notes
?

I use Tiny file manager for M92 browsing, but cannot locate the right source folder.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
tuxor
Addict

Oh you were to fast I edited my post and added the reference to /media/flash, which is the "internal storage". By the way, the obvious solution to import a sketch file without editing the sqlite database is the following

1. create a new scribble inside the scribble app and remember the name (e.g. scribble_1337)
2. after that remove the file /root/notes/scribble_1337.sketch
3. copy or move/rename the sketch file you like to import to /root/notes/scribble_1337.sketch

that's it. the thumbnail will refresh next time you open scribble_1337.

Last edited by tuxor; 03-26-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
Mono
Mono

Great! I hope, the old (exported) sketch file will work. I let you know.

It would be the solution, how to backup Scribles for the case when something goes wrong, like in my case.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, it didnt work in my case. Maybe I didnt transfer the file correctly or the 'backup' file is not suitable for such a transfer. It would need more investigation to proove it is possible or not, but I do not have time now....

Last edited by Mono; 03-26-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Mono
Mono

So, it works if done exactly as tuxor suggested:

1. create a new scribble inside the scribble app and remember the name (e.g. scribble_13)
2. after that remove the file /root/notes/scribble_13.sketch
3. copy or move/rename the sketch file you like to import to /root/notes/scribble_13.sketch

that's it. the thumbnail will refresh next time you open scribble_13.

What does not work (at least in my case) is, if you skip 1) and just replace not working scrible file with good one. I do not know, why it does not work. Maybe that somewhere is stored another information about that scrible file and so not all information needed is corrected by just replacing scrible file....

Last edited by Mono; 03-27-2012 at 08:36 AM.