Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
jodier
jodier began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
How to change ereader2html.txt to ereader2html.py?

Sorry I am a complete novice at the computer although I am very good at buying ebooks! Anyway I have read through all the posts regarding the darkninja's ereader2html script as well as the how to's on Igors scripts and I still have no idea what to do. I have downloaded the ereader2html.txt file and installed ActivePython. But how do I get to having a ereader2html.py file to put in my python26\Tools\scripts folder? Help please?
jodier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
change the txt extension to py
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And change ActivePython to Python from http://www.python.org
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodier View Post
I have downloaded the ereader2html.txt file and installed ActivePython. But how do I get to having a ereader2html.py file to put in my python26\Tools\scripts folder?
To do the renaming in Windows, right click on the file and select rename. However, I don't think rename shows the filename extension if they are "hidden". So, first select "Folder Options" in Windows Explorer (i.e. the window displaying the file), then "View", and clear the "Hide extensions for known file types" box. Then you'll then definitely see the extensions. Just change .txt to .py.

Active Python should be fine for ereader2html, that way you can use Visual Kindle Guide for most of what you need to know. Note that the arguments for ereader2html are different from those for KindleFIX.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No need to do that. I personally have always run the python.org distro, but have also played w/ the ActiveState builds of Python and perl and haven't had any problems. Certainly mobidedrm and ereader2html run fine under ActivePython.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
jodier
jodier began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
Brilliant guys. Thanks for the assistance, I am well on the way. Only having 500+ books to convert (avid reader) does anyone know if there is a way to batch process?
jodier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Not at all a necessity.
They both produce the same results from mobidedrm and ereader2html.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I happen to prefer the Python from http://www.python.org. So that's why I recommend it from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
I happen to prefer the Python from http://www.python.org. So that's why I recommend it from there.
Don't get me wrong JSWolf, but if both ActivePython and the python.org binaries produce the same result, then you shouldn't give someone extra work just because you prefer one distribution over the other. I'd be willing to bet the OP couldn't care less which version you prefer and just wants one that works. The thing that really rubbed me the wrong way, was how you presented it as something that needed to be done, when in fact it was completely unnecessary.

I wanted to say this the first time I saw that post, but chose not to out of courtesy. I was wrong, it should have been said earlier.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote