Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
tlfamm
tlfamm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unexpected behavior from check_library

Wanting to see what error indications might be given, I issued the following command in Windows 7:

"calibredb check_library --library-path=c:\users\Tom\L1\L2\FooLib --csv >.\CalibreChkDB.txt"

where 'FooLib' was a non-existent directory (folder) - the rest of the path was valid.

calibredb proceeded to create the missing directory, and populate it with a metadata.db file. I deleted that file, reran the above syntax, and calibredb dutifully provided another metadata.db. In both cases a null csv file resulted (signifying 'no errors' I presume).

So, if I unintentionally mistype the library name in a path specification, I receive no warning ("no such library"), but instead have an unasked-for library created?
tlfamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...991274940ff9b4
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
tlfamm
tlfamm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Small bug, small fix
tlfamm is offline   Reply With Quote