Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Exclamation iOS app bug report

In the iPad Mini, if you choose to share a new award to Facebook or Twitter from the notification that appears along the bottom of the screen, the dialogue box drops off the bottom of the screen
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Thanks for the report. I've reproduced the issue and it should be addressed in the next app update.

Last edited by Sharkus; 12-27-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Sharkus. It's been a wee while and I'm glad you were able to reproduce the issue. Here's another one for you! This morning I finished a book in the Kobo app on my iPad Mini. I was offered the option to archive the book as well as marking it closed and accepted this. Later in the day, I opened the Kobo app on my iPhone (running the latest version of the Kobo app and iOS 6) and was puzzled to find that the book I had finished earlier was not marked as finished in the iPhone version of the app - it was still in my library and not listed in the 'finished' tab at all, even after ensuring that the library had been updated within the app. Later still, I got home and opened the Kobo app on my iPad Mini again, and the book in question ('Smoking Poppy' by Graham Joyce) was still definitely listed as finished in that copy of the app. Shouldn't my library harmonise with itself, especially across apps running on iOS?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
Cameronpaterson
Addict

I have also now tested this on another iOS device running Kobo....that is also not recognising 'Smoking Poppy' as finished. Only the iPad Mini....confusing! Maybe needs to hire a few more bug zappers
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting. I've just tried it here and it is working as expected.
I finished a book on my iPad. It was added to the finished list. I went to another iPad, and an iPhone, pulled to refresh and checked the Finished list and the book appeared on the Finished list. It did take a short while to happen, as it was fetching the data which contains the metric detailing the book is finished. But it did appear.
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Cameronpaterson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Interesting. I've just tried it here and it is working as expected.
I finished a book on my iPad. It was added to the finished list. I went to another iPad, and an iPhone, pulled to refresh and checked the Finished list and the book appeared on the Finished list. It did take a short while to happen, as it was fetching the data which contains the metric detailing the book is finished. But it did appear.
Hi Sharkus - apologies for the lengthy delay in getting back to you on this. I appreciate the response! I've just checked again and it is indeed working now. Odd that it didn't before, but who knows?
One little footnote regarding finished books - I recently completed another title on my Glo. When I finished I wasn't quite sure it had closed property so opened it again to just make sure. What was the result the next time I opened the Kobo app on my iPad? Yes, the 'Total Recall' award, for supposedly reading a book twice. But I hadn't of course - I'd just opened the last page again. I realise this is a trivial whinge, but it is a bit of a shame that your system can't make those kind of distinctions.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Sharkus
Evangelist

I think, and I may be wrong, but if we see the same book finished twice (finished being defined as closing when ≥ 95% through the book) then we present that award.