Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Ranger0531
Ranger0531 began at the beginning.

Device: none
KindleGen 2.5 <map> and <area> tags not working

I am trying to setup an ebook mobi test file that allows you to go to a specific page by clicking/touching a specific area on page 1. Select one area and you go to page 2 or select another for page 3. The html code for the page 3 selection is:
<map name="map1">
<area shape="rect" coords="0,0,100,100" alt="area1" href="page03.html" />
</map>
The html files work fine in the browser, but I am unable to make the map tags work using KindleGen.
Is this even supported?
Ranger0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0531 View Post
Is this even supported?
Not that I know of.

The Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines list the html tags that are supported, in one of the appendices.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Ranger0531

<map> is listed as supported
no mention of <area> either way

why support <map> if not to support image-maps?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger0531 View Post
<map> is listed as supported
no mention of <area> either way

why support <map> if not to support image-maps?
Sorry, maybe I'm missing it but I'm just not seeing <map> listed as one of the supported tags anywhere.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Ranger0531

try this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1000765211

List of supported HTML tags and CSS elements
Lists the major enhancements in KF8 though it is not exhaustive

maybe KindleGen v2.5 doesn't yet support KF8?
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Kindlegen 2.5 definitely supports KF8. Looks like conflicting information. But I'd be inclined to trust the official documentation in the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines over a feature list.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Ranger0531

Confirmed.
<map> and <area> tags are NOT supported .... yet.

Tags
area, image-map, kindlegen, map, mobi