Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #346
motomac
motomac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello.
I successfully installed GUI Launcher for 5.1.2 firmware and the latest Komic. Everything is OK, but after uploading manga to Gallery/manganame, I can't open it. I can see the name of manga in Komic, but when I try to open it, I have white screen with flashing zero (0) in the left upper corner of the screen and flashing hourglass in the center. I tried to wait for a long time, but nothing happened. Please, can anybody help me?
motomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #347
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac View Post
Hello.
I successfully installed GUI Launcher for 5.1.2 firmware and the latest Komic. Everything is OK, but after uploading manga to Gallery/manganame, I can't open it. I can see the name of manga in Komic, but when I try to open it, I have white screen with flashing zero (0) in the left upper corner of the screen and flashing hourglass in the center. I tried to wait for a long time, but nothing happened. Please, can anybody help me?

Have you renamed the files inside your comic folder to math Komic filename pattern?

They should be named from 0 on.
You can also try the "Rename files" entry in Komic launcher menu!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #348
motomac

Oh! I'm looser! Thank you!

The way to fix full screen (hide status bar) is still not discovered?
After renaming some pictures can not be opened (white screen).

Last edited by motomac; 01-07-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #349
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If "status line" is the black bar in the upper side of the screen, it can't be removed when using a WAF (like Komic).
That's why I tried to use it in a useful way!

As regards the picture problem, it would be usefull if you could send me those images!!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #350
motomac

Hmm... it's a big problem... So Komic is not much better then pdf-manga with margins((

Do you know another ways to read full screen manga (except idiotic everyday restarting default Kindle Touch image viewer)?
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #351
silver18
THE NOOB

Yep, buy a kindle 3 or another device devoted to comic reading.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #352
motomac

Poor...((

As a result I see only one way: to use default image viewer. If you switch Kindle off position will be saved. But you can't read another books.

As I know Kindle Paperwhite has the same problems.

P.S. When I was selling my previous Kindle Keyboard, I was sure, that new model will not be worse than previous... I will never buy another Amazon e-reader...
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #353
silver18
THE NOOB

I don't want to sound rude, but from what you wrote it seems you don't take your time to read before do/buy.
You did not read Komic infos and you did not spend any time trying it (otherwise you would have found that Komic doesn't add any margin unless you turn on the "keep aspect ratio" option. If you find any margin, they are inside YOUR images).

The status bar is something I can't remove. If you find it annoying, even after using it to display comic name, current page, total pages and some info, you're more than welcome to join the development and try to remove it yourself.

In the end, you can't really accuse Amazon because you didn't read what you were buying.

We NEED TO UNDERSTAND that kindle isn't made to read comics.
How the hell do you think we can read an A4 page on such screen?!
What we are doing is stretching kindle's functionality to meet our needings and we MUST live with some downsides!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #354
silver18
THE NOOB

Last thing: if the thing you wrote about saving the position when switching kindle off means to save a bookmark and if you think Komic can't do it, then you really should read the first post again and again.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #355
motomac

Sorry, I didn't want to hurt you. I appreciate your work.
Komic is OK. Only one problem with bar. It's only problem of Amazon.

By the way. Recently I found an article about Amazon in Japan. Apparently Amazon wants to put a focus on manga.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...dle-Paperwhite
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/08/a...r-manga-mania/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B007OZO03M here you can see official photos of Kindle Paperwhite whith manga on the screen.

So the situation with "bad" image viewer looks strange.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #356
silver18
THE NOOB

Panel view is just a palliative solution.
I didn't read much about it but it seems to be just a little bit more comfortable than the pinch to zoom.

Moreover, reading comics is different from reading a book: I like the feel of viewing the complete comic page when turning page.

It seems we need to wait for a new device bigger than our kindle.

BTW, Komic still has lots of features to improve the user experience and it doesn't make you fight with format conversions on the PC.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #357
motomac

Can you make an option to automatically cut the upper part of pictures (height of bar)? I think, it will be better then scaled pictures (it's hard to read such small fonts).
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #358
silver18
THE NOOB

You can still try this:
1) Change image size to suit your needings and center the image
2) Lock image size when the image is centered and placed where you want
3) once locked, every next page will have the same dimension and will be placed exactly where you placed the first (i.e. you can hide the white margin)

Otherwise, use something like ImageMagick on your computer to automatically remove white margins.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #359
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic doesn't work out of the box on the Touch 5.3.2...
After a bit of TLC, it works but has lots of problem with the GUI, so it needs lots of effort.
I don't have much time now, so don't hold your breathe!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #360
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Hello Dear Silver18,
How are you?
I use version 5.1.2 yet
if Komic will not work on 5.3.2, i will not install 5.3.2.
I'm happy with Komic and version 5.1.2
Two both enough for me.
Because Komic is very usefull and amazing app.
Thank you dear friend.
Best regards from Turkey.
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons