Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #31
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks for that AP-Ipsos poll, Green Monkey.

The focus of the industry's comments is always on books, but I imagine there are many people who read article-driven magazines and weekly newspapers instead of books. I am referring to publications whose photos are not particularly important.

I can imagine that online delivery of those publications would be valued by readers currently dependent upon the mail system.
That's a good point. I can see magazine delivery moved over to e-readers / tablets. But not at the crazy prices they want right now.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #32
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hyatt
And, unfortunately, consumers are notoriously bad at telling you what they are going to do.
Too, too true.

Quote:
The media hype has outstripped the reality.
As well, repugnantly so!

Quote:
Yet, if you read the press, you would think CD sales died years ago.
Well, the press has to sell something too, you know!

His fourth point has to be admitted in a world such as ours while realizing that, as ever, it will only apply to those who think it applies to them (Thinking, thinking, thinking), although I would wish to point out that I have formed attachments with certain audio equipment over the years and much prefer to listen using them rather than something else.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #33
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
That's a good point. I can see magazine delivery moved over to e-readers / tablets. But not at the crazy prices they want right now.
pdurrant made a point a year ago that I think was valuable. He lives in the UK, and enjoys reading a couple of US magazines. The international postage on mags is very, very high. By downloading them from Fictionwise, he saves a bundle, even though he is paying the mags' cover price.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #34
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Older people have in general been slow to adopt new technology but the advantages of ereaders for those with poor eyesight or other physical problems may overcome that obstacle. This might cause higher than expected growth for ereaders. Especially if they start marketing directly to that group.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #35
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
Thumbs up

I thought Andrew H & the article author made the best points, but I won't claim to know the industry
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
e-book, e-book growth, e-books sales