Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
pngu
pngu began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-700
Blurry text in landscape mode PRS-700

I have noticed that in reading PDF in the landscape mode, the first few lines of text and the last few lines of text are blurry but not in portrait mode. Is this a known issue or behavior or a defective device? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
pngu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pngu View Post
I have noticed that in reading PDF in the landscape mode, the first few lines of text and the last few lines of text are blurry but not in portrait mode. Is this a known issue or behavior or a defective device? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
This topic and been mentioned and explained in this -->thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When you're in landscape mode, the Reader displays the page in two halves, first the top half and then the bottom half. The lighter-coloured region of the screen indicates the area of overlap (if any) between the two page halves.
I questioned this myself the first time I read a PDF in landscape mode and I don't find it very acceptable, yet others do.

WetDogEared

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 05-25-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
its to allow you to read without rereading the same lines when you turn the page.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
alrumich
Enthusiast
alrumich doesn't litteralrumich doesn't litter

Device: PRS-700, iPod Touch, Samsung Q1U, HP Pavilion tx2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
its to allow you to read without rereading the same lines when you turn the page.
... and is actually a very nice feature.
alrumich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #5
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I questioned this myself the first time I read a PDF in landscape mode and I don't find it very acceptable, yet others do.

WetDogEared
If you don't want those lines to appear you should format your books to landscape settings. I realize that you can't do that with PDFs but for other ebooks one makes for one self it works quite nicely
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert