Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
edheil
edheil began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet running Cyanogenmod 7
iPad and CBZs

I'm wondering if there's any way for Calibre to send CBZs to the iPad such that they are visible by comic-reading apps like ComicZeal.

It's possible to drag the files from where they live in Calibre's folders into iTunes's "apps" tab, and onto the appropriate app, but I'm wondering if there is any more "automated" way to accomplish it.
edheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The iDevice driver only transfers ePubs and PDFs to iTunes, so the simple answer is no.

If your CBZ app is able to download from calibre's content server, you could go that route. Also, there are some apps in the App Store like 'eBook Search' which can talk to calibre's content server, then open the content in a specific app if that app supports the 'Open in' protocol.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Tomte
Tomte began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, iPod Touch (2G), Nokia N800
I don't know of any nice automated way to do this, but for what it's worth I use the free ComicFlow app to read cbr/cbz on the iPad. It has a WebDAV server built into it in order to copy content. Maybe there is some way to use that in conjuction with Calibre to push content in an easier manner.
Tomte is offline   Reply With Quote