Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Yah! I got my iPad 3, now what? :)

Yeah, a nice black 64Gb New iPad....

Okay now a new series of questions

I went through the "Welcome" screen and confirmed my setting to Apple iPad.

Then I checked that Output was set to "epub".

Selected ONE "txt" book for simplicity(?)

Tried to "Send to Device" every which way I could - wouldn't!

With iTunes loaded on my Windows 7 64bit desktop....

With iTunes NOT loaded....

Sitting down, standing on my head....

Caliber wouldn't send to device or the iPad wasn't accepting the "txt" eBook????

So I decided to send by email....

Even though my output is set to "epub" it auto converted to "mobi". My iPad won't open the attachment.

I would prefer to "Send to Device" as I imagine it is/would be easier???? (if I can get it to work!)

What am I doing wrong? And what can I do to get it right?

Please use small words as I am an absolute iPad newbie (and a Caliber newbie too)
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote