Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
lousignolo
lousignolo began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 7 0b eReader
More than 99 books in a series

Hi. Is there a way to register more than 99 books in a series?

I have a series with 175 books (written by the same writer, with the same heroes), and I would like to write, in the 'Number zone': 1,175, 2,175, etc. but Calibre seems not to allow that, and writes 1,17, 2,17, etc.

Thanks for any help.
lousignolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Calibre works well with series ofe several hundreds. I have one with 500 books and the numbering is ok.

So I guess something else is going on in your library
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Leave out the commas - they are acting as decimal fraction separators and Calibre only allows for 2 decimal places. One normally only uses the integer values, but fractional values are also allowed so that you can insert books into an existing series.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lousignolo View Post
Hi. Is there a way to register more than 99 books in a series?

I have a series with 175 books (written by the same writer, with the same heroes), and I would like to write, in the 'Number zone': 1,175, 2,175, etc. but Calibre seems not to allow that, and writes 1,17, 2,17, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Are you trying to make it write: 2 of 172 ?

That you can't.
You could make a custom number column: LBIS (last book in Series) and fill in 175 FOR EVERY BOOK in that series.

The save to disk export template would contain: {series_index} of {#LBIS}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
lousignolo
lousignolo began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 7 0b eReader
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are you trying to make it write: 2 of 172 ?

That you can't.
You could make a custom number column: LBIS (last book in Series) and fill in 175 FOR EVERY BOOK in that series.

The save to disk export template would contain: {series_index} of {#LBIS}
No, I don't try to write 2 of 172.

I have a Number zone, with first digits (no limit), comma, and then last digits (limited to 99).

I simply would like to say that, in a series of 175, this book is the second. Without creating a custom number column, if the normal number column allows more than 99 books in a series.
lousignolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

I have a Number zone, with first digits (no limit), comma, and then last digits (limited to 99).

I simply would like to say that, in a series of 175, this book is the second. Without creating a custom number column, if the normal number column allows more than 99 books in a series.
Yes
I use a hierarchical series for magazines. Analog SF and F[2004.10] is my series
(for the October 2004 issue)
I believe you can only have 2 digits AFTER the dot

Last edited by theducks; 04-14-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Note
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:

The part after the comma (or full stop depending on your regional settings) is the fractional part of the series index. There is no practical limit on the integer part (i.e. before the comma).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have a Siries SS for short story so I can tell which are short stories on the reader. It has several hundred in the series.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote