Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
tauro_kpo
tauro_kpo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question How to convert .dic to a standard text format?

Hi everybody!

I've looking on the internet for dictionaries, and turns out I found one in ".dic" format. Later I found many of them. Curious thing is that I can't open it with no regular program. After a little searching, I found that it may be related with PocketBook, or something like it.

You guys that are experts, know if it is possible to convert this .dic files to a regular txt (utf-8), or pdf, or doc, or rtf or whatever like this so that I can read this file on the computer or on my telephone?

Thank you very much for trying to help, I really appreciate it.
tauro_kpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Dic files are standard dictionaries in Pocketbook. That is, you drag a Dic file to the "dictionaries" folder of a PB and it becomes recognized as one. I'm actually trying to find converters which work the other way round, as I have some txt files that I can't use as dictionaries.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
tauro_kpo
tauro_kpo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi!

Thanks for the info, but actually, I don't own a PocketBook. I just want to convert this files to a normal computer text file (txt, rtf). Is there any converter or way to do it?

Thanks for helping!
tauro_kpo is offline   Reply With Quote