Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Meetup: Anyone else live in Alaska???

I was thinking of trying to have a social get together for any mobileread members that live in the Anchorage area?

Last edited by Amalthia; 02-13-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey, great idea ! i think i've seen a few other members from alaska but i can't remember who just now...

you might want to add the "meetup" prefix to this thread, so it will be more visible.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm, when's the next flight from Scotland....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
mmmm, when's the next flight from Scotland....
LOL...people from Scotland are more than welcome to come.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can also invite Sarah Palin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There's nobody from Alaska on the frappr map - not even you! Go up to the blue bar, quick links, and it's at the bottom of the list.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Let me know if you need a Texas Care Package....

(Consists of :
2 Cans Rosarita Refried Beans
1 Can Wolf Brand Chili
3 big bottles of Chili power
1 big bottle of Cumin
1 Can Jalepenos
2 bags Fritos
1 Bag corn Tortillas
1 bag flour Tortillas
handful of Pralines...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

(Consists of :
1 Can Wolf Brand Chili
1 big bottle of Cumin
1 Can Jalepenos
2 bags Fritos
1 Bag corn Tortillas
1 bag flour Tortillas
handful of Pralines...)
I hate to dissolution, but there's no such thing as good chili in a can.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hate to dissolution, but there's no such thing as good chili in a can.
Of course, but a starving Texan might die before he/she gets his/her batch of chili made. The Wolf is like an emergency transfusion to a shock patient... I.E. keep them alive until the proper treatment takes hold (the homemade chili batch). Strictly for emergency use...
Old 02-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hey, you Texans, get back on topic. Amalthia's is bigger and she was looking to party.

Her state is bigger.

Last edited by DixieGal; 02-13-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Oh for crying out loud, surely that joke deserves to earn me some karma from you guys?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hey, you Texans, get back on topic. Amalthia's is bigger and she was looking to party.

Her state is bigger.

But I met her at the last Texas get together just before she went to Alaska. Southwest doesn't fly to Alaska, so I can't make it up there for the party...

I even gave her a copy of The Last Unicorn.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

Her state is bigger.
Heck, you could divide Alaska into three states and they'd all be bigger than Texas!

Thpppppbbbbt!

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:

(Consists of :
1 Can Wolf Brand Chili
1 big bottle of Cumin
1 Can Jalepenos
2 bags Fritos
1 Bag corn Tortillas
1 bag flour Tortillas
handful of Pralines...)
Oh man, I'd totally take you up on the Tortillas. They sell them up here but they are stale and just don't taste right at all! At least at HEB you could see them making the Tortillas fresh. And I took all my Cumin with me on the move so I still have two spice jars of it.

We do get wolf brand chilli (from Canada) But the mexican food is passable...I'm at the point where I'm going to have to cook it myself.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can also invite Sarah Palin.
ouch, you know how to wound me. I don't even think she reads so I'm 99% sure she doesn't have an ebook device.

Um not to hate on anyone that actually liked her or voted for her but I wasn't in Alaska when she was voted Governor and apparently she got a lot of votes because her husband won this Iron Dog race a few times. (Snowmobile race across 2000 miles of harsh winter conditions) I can't for the life of me figure out how else she got into public office.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:

I even gave her a copy of The Last Unicorn.

And it was a really nice copy too.