Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
FligMupple
Enthusiast
FligMupple doesn't litterFligMupple doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Convert from Sony format to LRF

Before last week, I bought all of my books through the Sony eBookstore.

I have since purchased one in LIT format, and converted it to LRF. During that process, I was able to set the margins and exact font-size. I really like this, because I felt the Sony format ones have margins that are too big and waste space.

So... can I convert a book purchased on the Sony site to a format that will let me control the margins and font size?
FligMupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
No, basically. The Sony books will be DRM protected and as far as I know, there's no way known to break the DRM & reformat.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I've not heard of any breaks in Sony's DRM yet, either.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no motivation to break SONY's DRM since any book you get from the SONY bookstore you can get in other formats whose DRM has already been broken.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote