Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #331
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Registering / Un-registering the device disturbs the "Kindlet related" parts of the overall jailbreak (the one that allows you to run our Kindlet applications). The "Device Jailbreak" survives (the one that lets you install our packages).

Your re-installing the "prerequisites" **after** the change in registration was the correct step to take. It should have fixed that error message.

My **guess** is somewhere, something is cached - -
So now try a full re-boot of the system (press and hold power switch for 20 seconds or more).

OOPS - twobob types faster than I do - but both answers apply.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #332
Evaristo
Evaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle K4 Black
@ twobob and knc1
Thank you for your replies telling me what to do and explaining me the reasons, so that I (slowly) learn to do the things right. I am at work now, I will try what you say in about four hours when I am back at home again and let you know whether the problem is solved.
Evaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #333
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaristo View Post
@ twobob and knc1
Thank you for your replies telling me what to do and explaining me the reasons, so that I (slowly) learn to do the things right. I am at work now, I will try what you say in about four hours when I am back at home again and let you know whether the problem is solved.
Sounds great. More than welcome. Can see how the confusion/complication arose.

Hopefully the amended Known Issues section will catch this in the future.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #334
Evaristo
Evaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of lightEvaristo is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle K4 Black
It worked!

Thanks a lot, you two. I restarted the Kindle. Reinstalled the prerequisites. Restarted again, just in case. And it worked without any problem.

Evaristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #335
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent thanks for the report.
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #336
twobob

Finished major - and entirely thankless - revisioning of https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...tions_Launcher

And related known launcher extensions. I probably missed some but meh. shoot me.

EDIT: Completed Top Docs Known Applications Overhaul

Quote:
For info on supported Known packages visit [KUAL] Extension Support and Versioning AND [KUAL] Button Def. Packages
  • KindleVncViewer
  • Frotz curses interface for Kindle Touch & Paperwhite
  • KindlePDFviewer
  • Kterm
  • Skipstone
  • Javascript Games For Skipstone
  • Eboard Chess
  • LeafPad
  • Gnash
  • Hacked Up Reader
  • Komic
  • Minesweeper
  • Toggle Light via KUAL for PAPERWHITE PW ONLY
  • SSmodeSwitcher KT 5.1.2 ONLY
  • FolderToggle NOT SUPPORTED
  • gtkSudoku for kindle touch KT 5.1.2 ONLY

Will get back around to actual bugs and features now. Whoop

Last edited by twobob; 02-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #337
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks you all for this! You are simply great!

Just a thing, in the first post a lot of the app links lead to KindlePDFViewer (for example, Kterm).
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #338
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
Thanks you all for this! You are simply great!

Just a thing, in the first post a lot of the app links lead to KindlePDFViewer (for example, Kterm).
Guilty as charged. All fixed up.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #339
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Guilty as charged. All fixed up.
Now all you need to fix is your gpg signatures for the kual1.0 and kual2.0. No need to reappload whole tar.gz or .zip, just add the signatures (those should be less than 1kb). Knc1 and me came to the conclusion, that you might have accidentally encrypted them rather than sign them.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #340
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Now all you need to fix is your gpg signatures for the kual1.0 and kual2.0. No need to reappload whole tar.gz or .zip, just add the signatures (those should be less than 1kb). Knc1 and me came to the conclusion, that you might have accidentally encrypted them rather than sign them.
Yup. noticed that. --detached-sign was what I should have used IIRC. used --sign.

RANDOM LAPTOP:

C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG>"C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg2.exe" --import ./"two
bob-gpg(1).asc"

Quote:
gpg: C:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key DB626CBF: public key "twobob (twobob) <seetwobob@live.co.uk>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1)

C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG>"C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg2.exe" --verify "C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\KindleLauncher-1.0.azw2.gpg"

Quote:
gpg: Signature made 02/04/13 02:52:20 GMT Standard Time using RSA key ID DB626CBF
gpg: Good signature from "twobob (twobob) <seetwobob@live.co.uk>"
gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 2F74 78B5 6C50 401D 55CF 2AC7 65C4 73B2 DB62 6CBF
Will roll into the 0.3.2 update. Appreciated.

Last edited by twobob; 02-07-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #341
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Will roll into the 0.3.2 update. Appreciated.
No problem. I was pulling my hair out earlier, as I wanted to test first that my GPG install was correct. I ended up making 5 new key-pairs for me as I thought the unability to verify KUAL was because of me not having it set up right.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #342
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No problem. I was pulling my hair out earlier, as I wanted to test first that my GPG install was correct. I ended up making 5 new key-pairs for me as I thought the unability to verify KUAL was because of me not having it set up right.
It tests as fine on the local box. obviously. lol.

Will fix it up and test the sigs on another box.
one to add to the ./qwik-build.sh methinks
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #343
twobob

finished known issues 3rd Party Support Notes section at last. Sigh.

Enjoy
Old 02-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #344
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm not really sure if this is the place to do it but just a suggestion - would it be possible to implement an extension which reset the reading time? So far, when I want to do it I use the trick of looking for the expression ";ReadingTimeReset" into the book I'm reading but maybe this could be done by an extension being more comfortable for the user than the method before.

I apologize in advance in case I'm saying a silly thing as I'm not an expert at all in this field.

Regards.
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #345
twobob

nah sounds perfectly feasible.

Eureka posted something on this I think. will dig.

please can someone with a PW put the output of:

cat /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/debug_cmds.json

EDIT: I think I would be looking at... com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader.plugin.timer.Readi ngTimerController

Any takers?

Last edited by twobob; 02-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified