Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Any password protection?

My Kindle, ordered 12/2, is supposed to be delivered between 1/25-31. Getting some of my documents ready to install, and reading about the various tips.

Unlike computers and PDAs, there does not seem to be any way, unless I've missed something, to password protect a Kindle so it can only be turned on by using one. Anybody know of any way this could be done?

If not, is there any way I could password protect an individual document (.rft) I've loaded? I have a third-party program that lets me do this on my laptop.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Nope. It seems such a feature has been in development but didn't make it into the final release.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
i think password protection is a good idea because the kindle store is directly linked to the device....someone could play a prank and download crap books while u don't know the device is missing.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
i think password protection is a good idea because the kindle store is directly linked to the device....someone could play a prank and download crap books while u don't know the device is missing.
I did email Amazon urging them to consider this, and got the usual "thanks for your input." We may get lucky and find they eventually will do that.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote