Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
I really hate to bump an old thread but here goes anyway. I've found that I really prefer the Nook tablet over any of my other readers, and I have a few. While I agree that the App Store is lacking in selection, like others in this thread I didn't have any expectation to add a ton of apps to it.

Both my Father and Brother have Nook tablets and after I finally got them to accept my Nook friend requests we can lend books back and forth.

Two of my co-workers have a Kindle Fires, and in comparing the screens there is a very clear difference in quality in the displays. In my opinion the Nook Tab is a far better display. Netflix streams look wonderful, especially the Anime films and shows. Also, for some reason the Nook cover's are absolutely killer as compared to the Kindle covers. I have the easel cover that lets you stand the device up on a table while you read.

As far as price point, I've found the current level's to be more than adequate. In fact it was the $250 price that steered my family in this direction. We all have iPads and those get a tonne of use from family members and especially the kids. The idea of a more dedicated device that does a few other things well and is as beautiful a device as the Nooks really sold me on the device.

As far as selling. I hope they are. We've purchased three, and I recommend it to everyone that I meet to get one.
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #17
tarzanphan60
Enthusiast
tarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Nook Color, Tablet, HD, HD+
Nice bump. I also highly recommend the 16GB over the 8GB. I've used all three Nook tablets (Color + 2Tablets) and I'm happy my 16GB is my main device. I wish the Google Nexus 7 also had a micro sd card slot - but felt it was worth the extra money to get the 16GB in that too.
tarzanphan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Although Apple may be the favorite, I am just not feeling the iPad. After getting a NC, I find that its a great device! Its reliable and the screen is so bright and crisp! I want people to know about it! I am not a BN employee, I just want people to know that its a great tablet!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote