Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
“The Penguin Classics Book”, by Henry Eliot

I hope I may be forgiven for recommending a book which is not an ebook, but is rather a large and heavy hardback book, but it’s such a great book I wanted to make people aware of it.

As I’m sure most people will be aware, the “Penguin Classics” series has been around for over 70 years, and its 1200 books currently in print include many of the world’s greatest books, both fiction and non-fiction. To quote from the introduction of this book:

Quote:
This book is intended as a reader’s companion to the best books ever written. It is a book of suggestions and recommendations, drawing connections across the history of world literature, which will hopefully reacquaint you with old friends, introduce you to new titles and suggest ways to map your future reading. It is also a celebration of an abiding series of books, which began more than seventy years ago and has grown incrementally and idiosyncratically ever since.
Not a book to read from cover to cover, but one to dip into. Beautifully produced and illustrated, and far more than merely a catalogue to the Penguin Classics series as it stands at the end of 2018. Almost all the books described in it are available as ebooks even though this book itself is not.

It’s not cheap (£21 at Amazon UK), but well worth buying.

Last edited by HarryT; 12-13-2018 at 03:54 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
svenlind
Evangelist
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I hope I may be forgiven for recommending a book which is not an ebook, but is rather a large and heavy hardback book, but it’s such a great book I wanted to make people aware of it.

As I’m sure most people will be aware, the “Penguin Classics” series has been around for over 70 years, and its 1200 books currently in print include many of the world’s greatest books, both fiction and non-fiction. To quote from the introduction of this book:

Not a book to read from cover to cover, but one to dip into. Beautifully produced and illustrated, and far more than merely a catalogue to the Penguin Classics series as it stands at the end of 2018. Almost all the books described in it are available as ebooks even though this book itself is not.

It’s not cheap (£21 at Amazon UK), but well worth buying.
I forgive you .
Actually I think that £21 isn't expensive for a book like this, so I bought it.
Thank you.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent! I'm sure you'll like it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote