Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
tobias2
tobias2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
preprocess_regexps and ePub-based Recipes?

Hi all,

For recipes based on downloading ePubs and then converting them such as, for example, "Now Toronto" the does not seem to get used. These recipes essentially only implement build_index(self). Any idea what needs to get added to this build_index(self) function such that the rules defined in preprocess_regexps get processed? Alternatively, I would also be happy with another way to add regular expression processing to the named type of recipes that goes beyond the three sr1_search and sr1_replace tags (1, 2, 3) in conversion_options

Thanks,

Tobias
tobias2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are free to run over the HTML in the downloaded epub and run whatever regexes you like in build_index
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
tobias2

I am not too familiar with Python programming. Is there a simple call that I can add in build_index such that anything that is defined in preprocess_regexps gets processed? Right now the code (in the "Now Toronto" example) is as follows:

Code:
    preprocess_regexps    = [
        (re.compile(r'foo'), lambda match: 'bar'),
    ]

def build_index(self):
        epub_feed = "http://feeds.feedburner.com/NowEpubEditions"
        soup = self.index_to_soup(epub_feed)
        url = soup.find(name = 'feedburner:origlink').string
        f = urllib2.urlopen(url)
        tmp = PersistentTemporaryFile(suffix='.epub')
        self.report_progress(0,_('downloading epub'))
        tmp.write(f.read())
        tmp.close()
        zfile = zipfile.ZipFile(tmp.name, 'r')
        self.report_progress(0,_('extracting epub'))
        zfile.extractall(self.output_dir)
        tmp.close()
        index = os.path.join(self.output_dir, 'content.opf')
        self.report_progress(1,_('epub downloaded and extracted'))

return index
Thanks,

Tobias
Old 02-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's no simple call, you have to write the code to iterate over all html files, read them run the regexps on them and write them back.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
tobias2

I now looked into the source for a while to get some idea of how to do this, but to no avail. There is too much I would need to do to be able to properly debug things and figure out how this works. Would you (or someone else for this matter) maybe be able to provide the lines that I would need to "iterate over all html files, read them run the regexps on them and write them back"? I would much appreciate this. I would think such an example may be generally helpful for the recipes that are based on ePub downloads.

Thanks in advance, to whoever finds the time to provide the lines.

Cheers,

Tobias
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Code:
from calibre import walk

for path in walk('.'):
   if os.path.splitext(path)[1:].lower() in ('html', 'htm'):
       with open(path, 'r+b') as f:
           raw = f.read()
           raw = raw.decode('utf-8')
           for pat, func in self.preprocess_regexps:
                 raw = pat.sub(func, raw)
           f.seek(0)
           f.truncate()
           f.write(raw.encode('utf-8'))
This will need some adjustments, of course.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
tobias2

Awesome, thanks so much, I will give it a try.

Cheers,

Tobias