Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The MobileRead wiki turns 8 years old

The MobileRead wiki turns 8 years old this month. You can see a history and status of the wiki at Wiki Statistics. To celebrate this event I have redone the eBook Reader Matrix with an all new page with all new devices. All of the products shown are available this year. I saved the original E-book Reader Matrix page for posterity. It has 1.9 million views and was around even before the wiki existed. It now shows what may have been the heyday of eBook readers but it out of date with the current generation of products.

The wiki itself continues to grow with over 1200 pages in the main pages and over 1300 total content pages. It has a viewership of over 27 million views. The top 3 pages have more than 1 million views each and the top 7 is over 500,000. Kindle is well represented with 10 of the top 30 pages and 12 pages with over 100,000 views. Of course this wiki is for everyone and anyone can edit it to improve the content. It will take a lot of us to keep the pages up to date. So take a look and add to the knowledge base. Remember there is a link to the wiki at the top of the forum page. It is meant to be a handy reference for forum topics and a knowledge base for all things Mobile Read.

Thanks to all that have helped with the wiki. Without you the wiki would be sparse and inaccurate.

Enjoy,
Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 04-16-2014 at 05:07 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dale - what you have done with this wiki, together with all the contributors, is just amazing! Thanks so much for all the work behind the scenes. It's a great resource, and a highly underrated treasure at MobileRead. I just wish at times that I would remember to go first to the wiki for answers and information.

Congratulations on the 8 year Wiki birthday! May there be many more ahead as it continues to grow (up)!!!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
I would like to add my congratulations and thanks for this great wiki. It has been my "go to" place to get information ever since I got my EB1150. Here's to many more birthdays. Time for a birthday party
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Happy Birthday MobileRead wiki! Thanks for all your hard work Dale (and of course to all the others who have contributed).
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Fabulous site; I'm out of sorts if ever I miss a day without checking in here. Thanks so much DaleDe for founding and maintaining MobileRead, and all participants/contributors for making it such a worthwhile community!
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Fabulous site; I'm out of sorts if ever I miss a day without checking in here. Thanks so much DaleDe for founding and maintaining MobileRead, and all participants/contributors for making it such a worthwhile community!
While I do maintain the wiki I am not the founder nor am I alone in maintaining the wiki. The founder would be Alex. You can read about the history of MobileRead on our wiki. He keeps everything at MobileRead working, updates the software as needed and instrumental in all the behind the scenes activity that make it run smoothly. There are many moderators who keep things smooth but Alex sets the tone and the boundaries.

Dale
Old 06-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
How old is MR itself? Is it about the same age as its wiki or a bit older?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
How old is MR itself? Is it about the same age as its wiki or a bit older?
Wasn't it sometime in 2003 when MR started?? I vaguely recall a 10 year post last year??
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Wasn't it sometime in 2003 when MR started?? I vaguely recall a 10 year post last year??
I have no idea. I probably missed that post somehow and I only joined back in 2010.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #10
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
According to this profile : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=3 , MR was born before 10-22-2002
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
Do you mean this?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

See MobileRead in our wiki for the history.

Dale