Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #166
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Aren't you a school teacher? Should be complementary. They don't say how good the other color is.
You are absolutely correct!! I hate it when that happens!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #167
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Aren't you a school teacher? Should be complementary. They don't say how good the other color is.
titter ...
Old 11-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #168
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Great idea! I like very, very much!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #169
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I host a politics forum, you surely have seen it around in my signature (I don't sport it now, maybe I should do it again: URL is http://soloespolitica.com if anyone wants to shoot a peek). And I tell you: if all of you people commanded Spanish, you wouldn't last 30 minutes in the politics section of the forum

That's why we have an off-topic section, to cool off. And there you'd be quite happy, I think.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #170
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
That's the reason why politics and religon have been isolated here.

You can only listen to the same old propaganda repeated so many times before you start developing brain damage.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #171
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
On the question of how to let newbies know this section is an option:

Instead of stickies, y'all could use vBulletin's automated welcome PM to new members feature and stick a comment about it in there, if you'd like. They tend to get read more than the emails.

On the question of whether or not making this section opt-in, I'm agnostic. Whatever makes everyone happiest.

I might peek at those topics occasionally, but usually avoid them. Mostly because it's sometimes easier to be friends with people when you don't know all their political and religious views.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #172
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
Mostly because it's sometimes easier to be friends with people when you don't know all their political and religious views.
I SO agree with this statement!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #173
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I disagree, though. Good friendships can weather the heat of one or two political arguments, because good friends know that the other one is a nice person they can trust.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #174
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I disagree, though. Good friendships can weather the heat of one or two political arguments, because good friends know that the other one is a nice person they can trust.
I agree with that. I have many good friends and loved ones whose politics and religions are at odds with mine, and it's all good.

But I got to know them through other things, in real life. I don't think it's as easy to see and learn to love the whole person in online forums where politics are discussed.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:53 AM   #175
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
I think this is a brilliant idea, after all reading and writing in all forms is an expression of free speech.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #176
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
On the question of whether or not making this section opt-in, I'm agnostic. Whatever makes everyone happiest.
Well, you probably aren't agnostic - you just don't care , (which might actually be a sensible position to take for most of the the topics of on the Politics and Religion thread, (note to self: take own advice!))
Old 11-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #177
Piper_
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Well, you probably aren't agnostic - you just don't care , (which might actually be a sensible position to take for most of the the topics of on the Politics and Religion thread, (note to self: take own advice!))
LOL I think it's good advice too!

As for the word, I was using the second oxford definition.
Having a doubtful or non-committal attitude towards something:
"Until now I've been fairly agnostic about electoral reform"

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/agnostic
I usually tend to be more conservative on the "growing language" issue, but that one is used a lot in my fields, and I've allowed myself to succumb...
Old 11-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #178
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
LOL I think it's good advice too!

As for the word, I was using the second oxford definition.
Having a doubtful or non-committal attitude towards something:
"Until now I've been fairly agnostic about electoral reform"

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/agnostic
I usually tend to be more conservative on the "growing language" issue, but that one is used a lot in my fields, and I've allowed myself to succumb...
Well, I'm all for succumbing
Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #179
Piper_
~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Well, I'm all for succumbing
lol
Old 07-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #180
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I am not hardened or any kind of debater. But I am always curious and even more curious about so called loaded topics to discuss in civil and logical way. It's sad if we are still not ready in 21st century. With my regards to all, drdln
Closed Thread