Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-26-2020, 02:42 AM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Keyboard Cover?

I've been trying a Boyue Likebook Mars.

I've had some trouble using the on-screen keyboard. I've had a much easier time with conventional keyboards, or with the Kindle 5 button controls, than with a touch keyboard.

So I'm thinking a keyboard cover might be a good idea. I would have an easier time with typing, especially for some apps which let me change screen orientation. I should be able to fold the keyboard out of the way when not using it. I would prefer otg to avoid relying on bluetooth, but see some contradictory info about otg compatibility.

Has anyone else tried this?

I found this thread, but it mostly discussed specialized devices for writing, rather than reading and occasional note-taking:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325069

Last edited by MarjaE; 12-26-2020 at 03:08 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #2
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In portrait mode, I have a lot of trouble with hitting the right keys. In landscape mode, not as much, but still a lot of trouble with the screen keyboard dropping letters, autocorrupting text, and switching letters to numbers, so that "written" keeps turning into "wri5en".
Old 01-13-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru

I bought a separate keyboard. Now looking for something to hold it in place so its easier to type on. I am considering cases, but also considering attaching it to a spare clipboard or another similar surface.

Last edited by MarjaE; 01-13-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:02 AM   #4
WilliamTi
WilliamTi began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I bought a separate keyboard. Now looking for something to hold it in place so its easier to type on. I am considering cases, but also considering attaching it to a spare clipboard or another similar surface.
thanks you. I have read and learned from some experiences.
WilliamTi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard