Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #16
sigizmund
sigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook && Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryg View Post
Hi!
I'm Sherry. I am technically challenged. I don't understand code and such. If you show me where to plug in a copy/pasted url I can easily do that, but I have no idea how to do anything involving code.

I use either an iPod Touch (gen 2) or a Nokia N810 for ebook reading. Not ideal I know and I'd REALLY like to have something with a bigger screen. I'm looking into either a Sony or a Kindle. I don't have Word on my laptop so I can't convert stuff (which the Sony tech specs say you have to have to be able to convert).
1. Get Stanza on your iPod Touch or FBReader on Nokia N810 (I guess it understands ePub)
2. Go to http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com — it supports fanfiction.net + FanFicAuthors + FicWad + FictionAlley (almost there),
3. Paste your URL

From there you have options. You can either download epub and load it to Stanza using which ever method you prefer, or simply download it directly from Stanza. In fact, you don't even need a computer. It's really easy.

I described the whole process here: http://www.sigizmund.com/reading-fan...stanza-and-oth
sigizmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
sigizmund
sigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryg View Post
Hi!
I use either an iPod Touch (gen 2) or a Nokia N810 for ebook reading. Not ideal I know and I'd REALLY like to have something with a bigger screen. I'm looking into either a Sony or a Kindle.
Hey Sherry, and you absolutely don't need to give up your iPod Touch just to read fanfiction - Stanza is brilliant for it, see one comment above. Contact me directly if you need any help.
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigizmund View Post
1. Get Stanza on your iPod Touch or FBReader on Nokia N810 (I guess it understands ePub)
2. Go to http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com — it supports fanfiction.net + FanFicAuthors + FicWad + FictionAlley (almost there),
3. Paste your URL

From there you have options. You can either download epub and load it to Stanza using which ever method you prefer, or simply download it directly from Stanza. In fact, you don't even need a computer. It's really easy.

I described the whole process here: http://www.sigizmund.com/reading-fan...stanza-and-oth
Thank you for this post. This fanfic grabber actually worked for me.

Now whether the nook "likes" the files and whether the stories are good, well, that's another thing. But I had a hankering for V. C. Andrews. The older ones, which are better of course, aren't available in ebook format. Gah! So I decided to try fanfic because I figured they might actually be better than the most recent books by the V. C. Andrews ghostwriter.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #19
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Just regarding Twilighted.net, they DO have a print function, but you need to click through to the Table of Contents for each story to find it. It took me months to find it and I HATE the black background!

On any story, in any chapter click the "Table of Contents" link at the top right hand side of your screen (near the review count). The next screen has a little white printer icon in the top right hand corner next to the stars rating. When you click that it opens a new tab with the whole story in printer format (with a white background!) This is how I've been reading from Twilighted for nearly a year now.

I'm not sure if that's going to help you get it to your iPhone, but I'd love that answer, because I'm considering buying one, and if I can get fanfiction on it properly and not have to scroll all over the place like I did when I tried on my husband's iPhone, then I'll be a happy camper.

I'm in Australia and there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice in ebook readers and they are expensive, so I think I'm going to try the iPhone first. I had my eye on the PocketBook 360, but it's not available here.

Subbing this thread in case you find a way to get Twilighted on the iPhone!
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #20
sigizmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Just regarding Twilighted.net, they DO have a print function, but you need to click through to the Table of Contents for each story to find it. It took me months to find it and I HATE the black background!

Subbing this thread in case you find a way to get Twilighted on the iPhone!
I've seen this Twilighted.net and I guess I can add support for it to http://fanfictionloader.appspot.com - though not exactly straightforward, shouldn't be too difficult too.
Advert

Tags
downloader, fan fiction, fanfiction, grabber