Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Create Calibre Ebooks list as Word doc or similar?

Is it possible to save my Calibre ebookslist as a simple word doc?
To read on my phone without needing an ebook reader.

Just wanted it to flip through when I am out, in case i saw books I liked and to check if I had them already as an ebook.
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
Is it possible to save my Calibre ebookslist as a simple word doc?
To read on my phone without needing an ebook reader.

Just wanted it to flip through when I am out, in case i saw books I liked and to check if I had them already as an ebook.
You might be able to use the CLI

calibredb -list > phonefile.txt

The use of additional command switches is reccommended.
the help page has the gory details http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/...ented-commands
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
If your phone will read a .doc file then it may well read a .csv which is one of the options. Otherwise I concur with theducks idea of using the command line.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You might be able to use the CLI

calibredb -list > phonefile.txt

The use of additional command switches is reccommended.
the help page has the gory details http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/...ented-commands
Oh dear that double dutch to me lol Why is calibre so very complicated
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
There's nothing very complicated about using the calibre 'create catalog' feature (arrow to right of Convert icon). If you choose Catalog format: CSV, then pick the metadata fields you want to include on the CSV/XML tab. You will create a CSV file which can be opened in MSExcel. If you really must have it in MSWord it should be easy enough to copy/paste.

Full details about Catalogs in this sticky.

Edit: Alternatively, if you choose to create the catalog in epub format (for instance) you can carry around the catalog in e-format - there are lots of options, books by author, by series, by title, by genre.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-11-2013 at 02:24 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Easiest is to just use MSExcel or epub as Jackie has suggested.

Alternatively if want to use MSWord:

Create catalogue as a .csv file with the fields wanted (Author, title, etc). Open the .csv file with MSWord and it will appear in MSWord as lines of delimited text, one line per book.

Select it all (as if to copy it all) and go to Insert Table on the MSWord ribbon (or the appropriate equivalent according to the version of MSWord used), and in the drop down select Convert Table to Text.

The catalogue will be automatically put into a table that can be saved as a MSWord file.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 02-11-2013 at 04:11 PM.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You could also just create a catalog using your favourite ebook format, if you already have an ebook reader installed on your phone. That might (or might not) be easier to navigate.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #8
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
There's nothing very complicated about using the calibre 'create catalog' feature (arrow to right of Convert icon). If you choose Catalog format: CSV, then pick the metadata fields you want to include on the CSV/XML tab. You will create a CSV file which can be opened in MSExcel. If you really must have it in MSWord it should be easy enough to copy/paste.

Full details about Catalogs in this sticky.

Edit: Alternatively, if you choose to create the catalog in epub format (for instance) you can carry around the catalog in e-format - there are lots of options, books by author, by series, by title, by genre.
I did create a CSV but my phone would not read it (my reader is on my nexus tablet don't read books on my phone)
Also it was not alphabetical which I need and don't know how to change also.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
book64
Love reading

Thanks all
Sorted it out
Saved as CSV ... finally found the select all button lol and ordered it to A to Z
Saved as Pdf
Fantastic
Only 80 pages to browse lol and thats just the epubs Not added the kindles to Calibre yet