Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Lemon – Keep track of your favorite FanFiction/FictionPress stories on your Kindle

Lemon is a Python script that keeps tracks of your chosen stories on FanFiction.Net or FictionPress.com, downloads newly released chapters, merges them into a story file with Kindle HTML markup and forwards them to your Kindle. A few screenshots:

For more information check BitBucket.org/cryzed/lemon.

EDIT: This plugin is now obsolete and replaced by the much more feature-complete Calibre Plugin FanFictionDownLoader by JimmXinu, please use this one.

Last edited by cryzed; 05-26-2014 at 05:02 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
plaidcat
plaidcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Wow, that looks great. I have a couple of friends who follow fanfiction.net authors, and they'd love this.
plaidcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, that's great to hear, make sure to tell them! I would appreciate feedback.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
fettpett
Enthusiast
fettpett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
that looks cool...don't follow too many stories on there..but the idea is cool
fettpett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
cryzed
Evangelist

Nice to hear, if you'd like, try it out and let me know how it works for you!
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
ooh nice. wish there would be something like that for adultfanfiction.net
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #7
cryzed
Evangelist

Lemon is built in such a way that this could be potentially added with some work, maybe someone else or I will do it at some point in the future.

If there was just more participation on BitBucket..., alas, there don't seem to be many people fitting the niche of having a Kindle, reading fanfiction on FanFiction.Net and being able to program Python.

If you really want support for adultfanfiction.net fast, maybe you could point some of your friends, who potentially know Python and would like to help, to Lemon. Alternatively, just spread the word, I'm sure some people will get interested in contributing at some point in the future, but it's simply not known well enough yet.

Last edited by cryzed; 03-27-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
cryzed
Evangelist

That's nice to hear! I just added a "Getting Started" section to the Readme at the bottom of the page and compatibility for Python versions starting from 2.5.0a1 - 2.7.1. Let me know how it works for you, if possible.

Last edited by cryzed; 03-27-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #9
cryzed
Evangelist

Alright, just added binaries to the repository on BitBucket, just follow the "Getting Started" steps previously mentioned and you should be good to go to run Lemon without having to install anything.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
jasonjkay
jasonjkay began at the beginning.

I really love reading Fanfiction and I thought this program would be great, just one problem. The email part confuses me and I have no idea what to add there. Any chance to save the completed story to disc so I can manually add it to my kindle?
jasonjkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
cryzed
Evangelist

Hey there jasjonjkay, don't be confused, it's really simple: Log in to your Amazon account, and visit this URL. At the very top you should see your unique Amazon Kindle E-mail Address.

To correctly edit your config.ini file check the Configuration section of the Readme. Let's just assume that you have a Gmail address, if you don't, for sake of simplicity, just create a Gmail address which you specifically use with Lemon. Copy and paste the sample config.ini content in the Readme into your own and change "Username" and "Sender" to your Gmail address and "Password" to your Gmail password.

For "Recipient" you define your unique Amazon Kindle E-mail Address with the ending @free.kindle.com. So assuming your unique Amazon Kindle E-mail Address looks something like this: jasonjkay@kindle.com enter this jasonjkay@free.kindle.com.

Last but not least whitelist your Gmail address (search for "Your Kindle Approved E-mail List"). Then start the executable/main.py script.

As for your question, saving it to disk shouldn't be much of a problem, but there might very well arise some issues with cross-platform encoding of filenames, so I would like to avoid that, seeing as the E-mail solution works perfectly.

Last edited by cryzed; 03-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Hey it worked! That's pretty awesome.

I admit that I copied it from my Kindle and back into Calibre so I could mess around with the metadata some.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
cryzed
Evangelist

That's nice to hear, if any issues should arise create an issue at BitBucket and let me know. Feedback is very much welcome, either via e-mail, BitBucket or here.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
jasonjkay
jasonjkay began at the beginning.

Finally sorted my main problem out after setting up an email address. In your readme guide, the example is this:

[http://www.fanfiction.net/s/XXXXXXX/X/Title]

which I copied and changed to suit my needs with my stories replacing the examples. Nothing ever worked, no cache was created and this file never changed when I ran the program until I removed the ... from the end.

While im sure many people are way smarter than me and would have already known not to add this to there file, I think you should add this knowledge to your readme for the ignorant or everyday users like myself. The Program worked fine after wards, so thank you very much.

Last edited by jasonjkay; 03-29-2011 at 07:31 PM.
jasonjkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
cryzed
Evangelist

Wow wow, don't be so harsh to yourself, this could have happened to me easily too if I hadn't written the script myself! Anyways, it's fixed now and I hope you have fun with Lemon. As always, if any further issues arrive best create a new issue on BitBucket, that way I will see it immediately.

Tags
convert, download, fanfiction, fanfiction.net, kindle