Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
jenmesser
jenmesser began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Help converting for Kindle

HELP!!!! I have a Kindle 3, and I just borrowed 2 ebooks from my library. They downloaded to Adobe Digital. I want to add them to Calibre to convert them and put them on my Kindle, but have tried clicking and dragging, and am not allowed, and finding the books in "Downloads" on my computer, but can't find them...I think I'll have to return the Kindle if I am unable to borrow/convert the books from my library, amazon books are too expensive for the amount I read...
Thank you
jenmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We are unable to provide assistance with removing DRM, but searching for "Apprentice Alf" will give you the information that you require.

Please note, however, that removing DRM from library books is very probably illegal.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi and welcome to mobileread

Books that you check out from online libraries are all protected with something called DRM - Digital Rights Management. Some ereading devices work out-of-the-box with libraries such as Sony readers and I'm afraid that the Kindle does not.

You have a number of choices really - exchange your Kindle for a device that works with online library lending, find out how to remove the DRM from the ebooks which as Harry pointed out may be illegal OR accept that you will have to just read library books on your PC or you can also now read them on Android phones and iPhones.

You can get plenty of free books for your Kindle - Amazon provide free classics and also some modern free books (quite a few every week if you live in the US) and there are also free classics here on mobileread and also at places like manybooks.net and feedbooks.com

Reading doesn't have to cost the earth
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote