Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
supri
supri began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Formatted Sony PRS-505 drive from Windows and now always in USB connected mode

Hi,
I recently purchased PRS-505 and tried to load the book. However, it was always getting in Boot menu with two items "Sony" and "eApplication". I decided to clean the device in Windows 7 and formatted the drive. Now I cannot do anything with my device - it is always in "USB connected" mode and I cannot copy the original files back as the drive is not recognized by Windows.
Please help!
Thanks,
Max
supri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Did you format the drive from W7... it's probably made it NTFS which is bad... what you actually had was a 505 with another OS installed as well, you should have selected either Sony or eApp and it would have worked perfectly... not much help now I know...

Did you try charging for a few hours with an external PSU (barrel connector) as it's also possible that it's got a flat battery... it doesn't use power to display something on an eInk screen and sometimes you end up with a screen like yours simply because that was the last thing displayed when battery went flat... it then looks like it's doing something when it's actually waiting for power
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, supri
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Try a hard reset of the reader?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
supri, what original files are you talking about?
Simply reset the device, if you have successfully formatted internal memory, it will boot without any problem.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
And may I add, don't forget to power it on again (slide the power-switch) after pushing the reset-button.
As reset just cold-stopps the OS. Leaving the display in its last state.
(I neary got crazy by reseting my 505 the first time and nothing was happening)

BWT we use this this behavior of E-Ink displays for the standby Wallpapers
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505 format reset