Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
Renaming Images in the order of their appearance

I have an ebook, where the number of the images does not fit to the order of their appearance in the book.

Is there a way to rename them automatically in the order of their appearance?

Thanks.
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibu View Post
I have an ebook, where the number of the images does not fit to the order of their appearance in the book.

Is there a way to rename them automatically in the order of their appearance?

Thanks.
You could use the Rename function on the Image file in the book Browser. That will fix all references as well.

But this is NOT automatic, let alone the order of appearance.

But Why bother?
as long as the names are unique and correct
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
The user will never know what order the names are in. Hopefully you are creating a work that is good enough it will not require endless tinkering which is the primary reason you would want to re-organize it.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Thanks for your answers.
I guessed that there's no automatic way. Bad luck for me.

I don't want to discuss the reasons for the renaming. Of course you are free to do that
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks for your answers.
I guessed that there's no automatic way. Bad luck for me.

I don't want to discuss the reasons for the renaming. Of course you are free to do that
You can use the Bulk rename on a group of Image (or other files). You just don't get to choose the order of individual files. You can do sub groups, the Next group will hint the next starting number
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
ibu
Addict

@theducks
Thanks for the idea.
But that is to much "tinkering" (using the word from @mrmikel) in my opinion for that purpose.

I looked for an option to use a counter in the replace field of the regex search. But - of course - there's no such option. That is the field of a programming language, not of regex.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Nicely played.
Strong with the forum-fu, this one is.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Nicely played.
Strong with the forum-fu, this one is.
Geeee, I wonder what it could be? Obsessive-compulsive ordering, mayhaps?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote