Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
dblatner
dblatner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Text wrap in epub for ipad iBooks

I downloaded the ePub in this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=454210
but iBooks says it is not a valid epub.

I don't see much other information here about text wrap (though perhaps I'm not searching in the right places or with the correct terms).

Help?
dblatner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There are issues with that Alice book, largely because it dates back to 2006, before the epub spec was finalised.

If you want an example of text wrapping with floats, take a look at Zelda's version of Three Men in a Boat.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
dblatner
dblatner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Excellent. Thanks! It shows up on the iPad very nicely.
dblatner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblatner View Post
Excellent. Thanks! It shows up on the iPad very nicely.
But does it show the embedded font that Zelda used to give Three Men in a Boat a specific look or does it lose that to lose that look that Zelda went for? See, if it doesn't display that font, then it doesn't show up nicely at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, runaround, wrap