Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Joining A Online Library

I'm interested in joining a online library like the Singapore one or this one:

http://www.freelibrary.org/

But I was wondering do you need ADE to borrow books? I have Linux on my computer and of course ADE doesn't run on here and I have given up trying to get it to work through wine. So that's why I wanted to ask. I miss out on so many good book opportunities cause I don't have ADE.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
As far as I know, all epub lending libraries require the use of ADE, so you will have to use Windows somewhere if you want to buy or borrow most books. On the other hand, the DRM key extraction script only runs on Windows, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

I run Linux on all my usual computers, but I left a Windows XP partition on my laptop for just these sorts of problems. I guess I'm just more pragmatic than dogmatic - or maybe too lazy to fight that battle.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Ah well doesn't matter! I have always had Linux on this computer as my hubby built it himself and he put Linux straight on to it.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote