Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
wallacemckart
Enthusiast
wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Problems about diagnostics

Hi. I am a newbie pw user. I tried to setup usbnetwork from diagnotics. I failed but i will mention it later.

Now I cannot disable diagnostics. When I choose Disable Diagnostics Menu, it says "could not mount/access customer partition". So when i reboot the diagnostics open automaticly. please help
wallacemckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemckart View Post
Hi. I am a newbie pw user. I tried to setup usbnetwork from diagnotics. I failed but i will mention it later.

Now I cannot disable diagnostics. When I choose Disable Diagnostics Menu, it says "could not mount/access customer partition". So when i reboot the diagnostics open automaticly. please help
Now who told you to do it that way? And what exactly have you done to get to diag?

Also this needs moved to the development corner sub-forum (anyone please?) as you will likely get more help there.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #3
wallacemckart
Enthusiast
wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.

Nobody told me but for reaching directories i needed to install usbnetwork so i taught it could be done from diagnostics.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nobody told me but for reaching directories i needed to install usbnetwork so i taught it could be done from diagnostics.
What you should have done is to jailbreak, and then install usb network by putting the install.bin in usb-drive, and go menu->settings, menu->update kindle. There is a readme with the usb network. Still not clear to me how you entered diag mode - did you jailbreak the pw already?

Next time it is a lot easier to read the instructions before attempting to install. That could have been a 5 minute job start to finish including the jailbreak.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
wallacemckart
Enthusiast

You are right. I read all instructions more than twice. But in somewhere i did a mistake obviously.
Anyway i have already done jb.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
#password is "mario"
ssh root@192.168.15.244
idme -d --bootmode main
reboot
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #7
wallacemckart
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
#password is "mario"
ssh root@192.168.15.244
idme -d --bootmode main
reboot
i think for connecting to my kindle i need to change my pc's ip to 192.168.15.201 but when i do it my pc cannot connect the modem so network. Isn't that required?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I forgot to say: before connecting the Kindle to the PC, let it enter usbnetwork mode by using the following entries in diags (in this order): N - U - Z - X. Then wait 20 seconds and connect it to the PC.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #9
wallacemckart
Enthusiast

So do i need change my ip or not?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
ixtab
(offline)

Yes, of course.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Change the IP address of the host PC USB network (RNDIS) only. Do not change the IP address of your Internet access network interface.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
So do i need change my ip or not?
Depends on your PC and your current set-up (which I can't see).

Are you connecting to **BOTH** the Kindle and the Internet over **the same physical** device (NIC - Network Interface)?

If yes:
Is 192.168.15.244 a member of the address range you have assigned to that device?
If not, then add a second address to that device within the same 192.168.15.x sub-net.
Note: You may have to set both addresses manually, often you can't have one set manually and one set automatically on the same device.

If no (the most likely case):
Then manually set the 192.168.15.x sub-net and an address within that sub-net to the network interface device the kindle is connected to.
Note: In the simplest case, the pc-end of the USB cable.
Note: Each end of the USB cable must have different addresses.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #13
wallacemckart
Enthusiast

In the end i could reach my kindle and entered given command. It rebooted but stuck in boot(kindle tree screen) what should i do now?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
In the end i could reach my kindle and entered given command. It rebooted but stuck in boot(kindle tree screen) what should i do now?
Did you remove usb cable? Unplug, and push power button 20 sec until it restarts.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
wallacemckart
Enthusiast

Yes i removed usb cable and reboot couple of times but nothing changed(