Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
RG1
RG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with othersRG1 plays well with others

Device: Sony PRST-2, Kobo touch
Quote:
Plus, seeing the cover is (as far as I know) unique to the Kobo devices.
It's not unique to kobo devices. The sonys have that feature available also.
RG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #17
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
It's not unique to kobo devices. The sonys have that feature available also.
Ah thanks for that. Good to know.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #18
Mick_Belgium
Mick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3
Hi, I have a follow-up question: can you get rid of that annoying banner over the book cover? (Mine currently says "16% READ - SLEEP MODE".) I find it quite esthetically unpleasing...
Mick_Belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_Belgium View Post
Hi, I have a follow-up question: can you get rid of that annoying banner over the book cover? (Mine currently says "16% READ - SLEEP MODE".) I find it quite esthetically unpleasing...
Your request might get better attention in one of the feature request threads in the top of the Kobo forum.

In the mean time, you could set your covers to display non-full screen. That way the bar would go over the top of the cover image instead of right through it.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #20
Mick_Belgium
Mick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura aboutMick_Belgium has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3
Hi Mrs, thanks for the feedback. And how would one go about setting covers to display non-fullscreen?
Mick_Belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Bottom of Settings - Light, Sleep, Power page
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
TurnerVonLefty
TurnerVonLefty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
My Glo was displaying the wrong book cover during sleep mode. Did a full reset, now it will not display the cover at all, just the "sleep mode" screen. Anyone know how to fix it? (Yes, the show cover is checked in the settings.)
TurnerVonLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See this thread for tips
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
TurnerVonLefty
TurnerVonLefty began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
See this thread for tips

Thank's Peter! Just joined the site and haven't found everything yet.
TurnerVonLefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And yes.. this is a Kobo bug and we do expect a fix for it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #26
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_Belgium View Post
Silly thing...I haven't had my glo long, but I swear it was previously displaying the % read on the sleep screen and now seems not to be....how can i get it back?

gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #27
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Silly thing...I haven't had my glo long, but I swear it was previously displaying the % read on the sleep screen and now seems not to be....how can i get it back?
Hello, me again... Settings - Light, sleep & power - bottom 'show info panel ...'
Old 02-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #28
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TY, but I looked there and just double checked and 'show info panel' is not an option
Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

What firmware version are you using? It's present in v3.1.1 (and maybe a couple of earlier versions???) but prior to that I thought the info panel was always on - even if you didn't want it.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #30
gabby98
Wizard

im on 3.1.1....i could swear it was there, but now it's not....I would also swear that there was a Never option under 'Automatically Power Off after....' but its not there either.

ETA: huh...just powered off and back on and everything is back to where I wanted it. The % shows and so does the never setting.

I have no idea what happened, but I know better - Turning it off and on again should have been my first step!