Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
SmiLynnLady
SmiLynnLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPAD
Question Add books to "Empty Book"

Okay ... I've created a number of Empty Books as place-holders for books I hope to find & add later. Now I've downloaded some of those titles ... and I want to put them into the Empty Books (because I already filled out the MetaData for all of the Empty Books and don't want to do that again, or have to cut & paste.)

So, is there a way to dump the new downloads into the old Empty Books?

Thanks for suggestions ... It'll save me a lot of time if I can find out how to do this!
SmiLynnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If you have not yet added the books to Calibre (just created the empty book rows), you could turn on the option in Preferences -> Adding books which says that if title and author match to merge into the existing book. Then when you add the books, the formats should merge into the empty books if they are named correctly.

If instead you have already added the books to Calibre and now have duplicates (one for the empty book, one for the "real" one), you can use the merge functionality to first select the empty book, then ctrl+select the "real" one and choose Merge.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can always add/change the formats associated with a book entry via the Edit Metadata dialog. That dialog will show whih formats are already present at the top right and has buttons to Add/Remove formats. You can also use drag-and-drop to that area of the dialog to add or replace a format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
...If instead you have already added the books to Calibre and now have duplicates (one for the empty book, one for the "real" one), you can use the merge functionality to first select the empty book, then ctrl+select the "real" one and choose Merge.
Where do you find Merge?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Where do you find Merge?
Right click menu (more options) or type M
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Where do you find Merge?
It's in the edit metadata submenu in the right-click context menu. The hotkey M selects just one entry from that submenu (the least invasive one).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Found it. Thanks!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
SmiLynnLady
SmiLynnLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPAD
THANK YOU! Just what I needed. Thought I'd seen something in the Calibre Help Manual ... but finding it again wasn't happening! I'm off to create ... thanks again!
SmiLynnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Add format in Edit Metadata is the easiest. I Flip formats in and out frequently because I have two kindles and I keep needing to remove the format for one and add the format for the other.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre database, empty books