Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
pdf to epub - Kobo - many empty lines

The same thing happens to almost every single PDF I convert to epub with Calibre for reading on my Kobo touch. The text is fine, with random odd bits thrown in here and there, but there will be two or three lines, then a blank line, repeated endlessly. I have tried messing around with Calibre's conversion settings (which I think it's fair to say are insanely complicated), to no effect.

As I say, random odd bits of headers, footers, page numbers -- I don't care. It's just this problem of an extra line break every two or three lines, throughout the entire text, in pretty much every document I convert.

Oh, and I'm talking about very simple text documents, with no graphics or images.

Is there a generic fix?

Thank you!
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
PDF is not a wonderful source
Please read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118605
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert