Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Emailing books from Calibre?

Last night I emailed several books to my K3, and they came thru immediately.

Today.........did some more, but NOTHING. Waited 1/2 hr, checked everything t make sure it was okay, NOTHING.

Just now, they are starting to come thru, about 1 hour after I sent emails.

Talking with Leep, who had the same problem, it must be that Amazon is so busy with all the new K3 owners, emailing process has slowed down. Doesn't this always happen when they release a new model?

So......if you email yourself a book with Calibre, don't panic if it doesn't show right away. As long as it showed "book emailed" at the bottom of the screen, you're fine.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Yup, I just got my K3 this morning and it took almost 2 hours for the emailed books to show up on my Kindle. (I tried to email from gmail directly and from calibre.)

At first I thought something was wrong so I actually called Kindle Customer support, but they had no idea what this feature was. I was passed around to 3 different departments and it only got solved because the documents began showing up on my Kindle. And I actually had to direct the help people to the section of the website that described wifi transfer of personal documents. All of the people I talked to kept telling me to put convert into the subject even though all I wanted to do was to send the mobi/pdf books not convert them.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Great. Soon enough the backup will be history, and our books will arrive immediately like before.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote