Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil 0.2.0RC1

It's here. Blog post with details here.

Hammer it, please. This should be near-final code, if not final.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice !! thanks valloric !! off to test now... (well... maybe not *right* now. you know what time it is.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Great!!! I've been using a fairly old version, now I think it's time to make the switch.... Thanks for your work!!!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

holy cow !!! i just read the blogpost / changelog and crikey, valloric, this thing is the BOMB !!!!!

special thanks for fixing the heading changes not sticking.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
WOOHOOO!!!!!!

My problem with The Dresden File book is fixed. YAY! :-) Awesome stuff!

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
special thanks for fixing the heading changes not sticking.
That one was annoying, yes. But the most annoying one for me was the page refresh on save. I like to hit CTRL+S every now and then, and when I did that, it would reload everything... not a problem if you've already split the large HTML file you imported, but it sure was if you didn't.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
That one was annoying, yes. But the most annoying one for me was the page refresh on save. I like to hit CTRL+S every now and then, and when I did that, it would reload everything... not a problem if you've already split the large HTML file you imported, but it sure was if you didn't.
each his own problem i guess. i'm almost always working in code view and rarely refresh the book view so i didn't much notice that problem, even though i hit ctrl+S like a maniac. the heading changes not sticking were driving me crazy the other day though, i was working on a book trying to make a fancy heading which had images around the titles, and the first time i opened the toc editor it stripped them all out, and i couldn't get them to stick after that at all. so annoying ! well, i'm not done with that book yet so hopefully everything will work perfectly now. (hm, i really should not go and try it out right away, since i should be on my way to bed... )
Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
Valloric

Baaah, installing VS 2010 screwed up my VS 2008 install on one of the build machines. Thus, the Windows x64 version won't start.

"B" version soon for that platform.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited by Valloric; 05-03-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:01 AM   #9
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
Hmm. I don't succeed in making the global replace working ... I open two xhtml files in code view, then make a search and replace, using the "all HTML files" option. Sigil says "123 replaced", but it didn't replace anything. I'm I misunderstanding something?

Afterwards I tried only a global search (without replace), this seems to work but after the 80th occurance or so, Sigil froze up.

I'll do some more tests afterwards (Mac Snow Leopard)

P.S. I found out that the number "123 replaced" is the right number of occurances in the 2 files that were open. So Sigil finds the occurances, but does not change them.

Last edited by paulpeer; 05-04-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: new facts
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #10
paulpeer
Zealot

Apple report

P.S. Do you receive a copy of the error reports that go to Apple, Valloric? Or should I make a copy and send them to you?
Old 05-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #11
paulpeer
Zealot

Sorry to have to say, but the requested hammering gives more than one problem ...

After the crash I described above, I started all over again. Now it seems that in the "replace with" window always comes the word that I tried to replace before. Even if I type a new word, the last word from before the crash pops back up ...
Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
P.S. Do you receive a copy of the error reports that go to Apple, Valloric? Or should I make a copy and send them to you?
Of course I don't, and I can assure you that Apple won't be reading them.

For all the problems you see, create an issue on the tracker.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:46 AM   #13
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
Hmm. I don't succeed in making the global replace working ... I open two xhtml files in code view, then make a search and replace, using the "all HTML files" option. Sigil says "123 replaced", but it didn't replace anything. I'm I misunderstanding something?
Found the cause of this, thanks for reporting it. The replace operation is performed, it's just that open tabs are not informed of it.

Last edited by Valloric; 05-04-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
Valloric

There will be another RC later today. I plan on making new RC's as showstopper bugs are found and fixed. Iterations will be small and fast until we get to a respectable state.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
There will be another RC later today. I plan on making new RC's as showstopper bugs are found and fixed. Iterations will be small and fast until we get to a respectable state.
Wow, the Linux-32 version is 3 times faster than the Win-32 version

Since we are on S and R

Search and Replace has problems finding italics (book view)
and replacing text removes the Italics
(Your answer about no refresh the view, above may explain why I found some of the words missing their Italic attribute

Is Search for text and Replace with text with attributes doable?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote