Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Wow-- I feel sympathetic shame for Mobileread

In this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=181

I used the utterly correct, clinical word "penis" in a non-offensive way-- only to have a moderator step in and edit to say "you know what."

That is just sad. Shameful. Beyond shameful-- it defies belief. Is this site really so-- let's not mince words here-- so pathetic that the proper medical terms for anatomy have to be bowdlerized?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Moderators tend to be pretty forgiving on these forums, Ardeegee (with not a little help from a responsible membership). This edit surprises me. I must admit that I don't see the point. I wonder if it might be down to over-sensitive softwarfe. I remember one forum I used to visit where the word 'bad' posted as asterisks because the software included the innocent word in its obscenity-filter for some odd reason. Nothing could be done and members had to remember it use the bastardised spelling 'b-ad'. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Truly pathetic.
Then again, it is life, isn't it?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
That was a bit over the top in my opinion. You didn't even use those other words; short-form-of-Richard or another-word-for-rooster....
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Well, to be fair, you did put 'crazy-ass giant spiral' in front of it Maybe too many people were getting visuals and swooning...
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
In this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=181

I used the utterly correct, clinical word "penis" in a non-offensive way-- only to have a moderator step in and edit to say "you know what."

That is just sad. Shameful. Beyond shameful-- it defies belief. Is this site really so-- let's not mince words here-- so pathetic that the proper medical terms for anatomy have to be bowdlerized?
Sorry. I thought I was properly applying MR's policy. Obviously I screwed up.

P.S. I also thought I sent you a pm about ti, but now I can't find it in my my outbox. Obviously I screwed up there too.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Sorry. I thought I was properly applying MR's policy. Obviously I screwed up.

P.S. I also thought I sent you a pm about ti, but now I can't find it in my my outbox. Obviously I screwed up there too.
No problem, I'm not holding a grudge. (FWIW, No PM arrived.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:32 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Nicely, Nate. Here's karma to ya, pal. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I think it is a classical example of difference between mobileread and some other places. Moderator apologizes? Well done Nate the great.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote